Canon PIXMA iP7240 Driver and Manual Download
Canon PIXMA iP7240 Driver and Manual Download for Windows, Mac OS, and Linux – Choosing a photo printer need a lot of consideration such as efficiency speed, connectivity, and printing resolution. To fulfill all these criteria, Canon released Canon PIXMA iP7240 as one of their leading products. This printer is compatible with various operating systems, such as Windows, Macintosh, and Linux. If you have a massive print job, choosing XL size cartridges will be wiser, so you don’t have to replace your cartridges too frequently.
Canon PIXMA iP7240 uses five ink tanks with two size option, standard, and XL. Also, its Auto Duplex feature allows you to print on both sides of the paper and cut paper cost up to 50%. The speed for monochrome printing is 15 inch per minute and 10 inch per minute for color printing, which is not exceptionally fast, but not bad either.
As for the connectivity, Canon PIXMA iP7240 is equipped with both USB and wireless connectivity, ensuring its high accessibility, especially for small office needs. It also comes with FINE technology that enables the printer to shoot ink droplets as tiny as 1 Pl, which guarantee the crispness of your photo. This printer can print documents up to 9600 x 2400 dpi which ensure the richness of your outputs.
Also, recommended: Canon PIXMA MG3040 Driver
Canon PIXMA iP7240 Operating Systems Compatibility:
- Windows 10
- Windows 8, Windows 8.1
- Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1
- Windows Vista SP1, Vista SP2
- Windows XP SP3 32-bit
- Mac OS X v10.5.8, 10.6, 10.7 – macOS v10.12 (Sierra), and macOS High Sierra 10.13 or later
Canon PIXMA iP7240 Specifications
|Printer Type||Photo Printer|
|Features||AirPrint, Auto Duplex Printing, Auto Photo Fix II, Borderless Printing, CD/DVD Printing, Mobile Device Printing, Document Printing, Full HD Movie Print, Fun Filter Effects, My Image Garden, Photo Printing, Quiet Mode, Wireless Printing|
|Print Speed (up to)||4×6 borderless: approx. 21 seconds
Black: Approx. 15.0 ipm
Color: Approx. 10.0 ipm
|Number of Nozzles||4,096 / Pigment Black: 1,024 / Total: 5,120|
|Print Resolution (Up to)||Black:Up to 600 x 600 dpi
Color:9600 x 2400 dpi
|OS Compatibility||OS Compatibility Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1, Windows Vista SP1, Vista SP2, Windows XP SP3 32-bit, Intel processor, Mac OS X v10.5.8, 10.6, 10.7|
|Standard Interfaces||Wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11b/g/n), Hi-Speed USB|
|Ink Compatibility||PGI-450XL PGBK Pigment Black
CLI-451XL C Cyan
CLI-451XL M Magenta
CLI-451XL Y Yellow
CLI-451XL BK Black
PGI-450 PGBK Pigment Black
CLI-451 C Cyan
CLI-451 M Magenta
CLI-451 Y Yellow
CLI-451 B Black
|Paper Sizes||4″ x 6″, 5″ x 7″, 8″ x 10″, Letter, Legal, U.S. #10 Envelopes|
|Paper Compatibility||Plain Paper
Canon High-Resolution Paper
Super High Gloss: Photo Paper Pro Platinum
Glossy: Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Glossy
Matte: Matte Photo Paper; Envelope: U.S. #10 Envelope
CD/DVD: Printable CD/DVD/Blu-ray Disc
Chlorine-free paper can be used
|Noise Level Approx||44dB(A)|
|Physical Dimensions||17.8″ (W) x 14.5″ (D) x 5.1″ (H)|
|Power Source||24W Printing (2.1W Standby)|
Step 1: How to Setup or Install the Canon PIXMA iP7240 Driver
This step tells you about to install Canon PIXMA iP7240 without CD
What you required:
- You need to have a driver or software for Canon PIXMA iP7240, for the file of a driver, you can download on the link below.
- You need the USB cable to connect the printer to your computer.
- Next step, you can follow this instruction below to install Canon PIXMA iP7240 printers for the setup file.
- The first step you need to turn on your computer and Canon iP7240 printer.
- In this step trying to do not connect a USB cable before it is suggested.
- Next, you can download, the driver of Canon PIXMA iP7240 and don’t forget to install it on your computer by following our instruction.
- You can connect the USB cable when the installation of the driver already finished.
- Follow the instructions to complete the installation process.
- When all step is finished, the Canon PIXMA iP7240 is ready to use for the printing.
Step 2: How to Setup or Install the Canon PIXMA iP7240 Driver Manually
For this step, you need to add the printer from the Windows feature.
- You require the software or Driver file of Canon PIXMA iP7240. You can download a driver on the links we provided.
- You need the USB cable for PIXMA iP7240 printer.
This step how to install the driver:
- First, you need to turn on all of your devices.
- Connect the USB cable from your Canon PIXMA iP7240 printer to the computer.
- Extract the file of driver or software that you have downloaded.
- Open “Control Panel”, then click on “View devices and printers”(Windows 7, 8, 10, and Vista). For Windows XP, you can open “Fax & Printers”.
- Choose your printer and click “Add a Printer”.
- If it has been ready for the driver location, choose the path where you need to extract the setup file.
- Follow all of the instructions to finish the installation.
- When all step is finished, the Canon PIXMA iP7240 printer is ready to use on your computer.
What you required:
- You need a CD or DVD drive to install a driver on your computer.
- The driver or software CD Disk of Canon PIXMA iP7240 that have included in the box of your printer.
- The USB Cable for connecting your printer to the computer.
Follow this instruction for installation process with CD Drive.
- The first step, turn on your computer and Canon PIXMA iP7240 printer.
- Insert CD disk to CD or DVD drive on your computer, and follow the instruction from CD.
- Do not connect the USB cable to the printer until needed.
- If installation wizard needs to plug the USB Cable, connect the USB Cable of Canon PIXMA iP7240 to the computer.
- If the USB Cable of Canon PIXMA iP7240 is detected, follow the instructions for the next process of the installation.
- When all steps are done, you will get a notification the printer is ready to use.
How To Install Canon PIXMA iP7240 Printer Driver On Linux:
- A Linux-run device
- A Common Unix Printer Service (CUPS) installed on the device.
- Turn on your computer and run the CUPS.
- Go to the web-based interface.
- Open a browser and navigate to localhost: 631.
- Connect the printer.
- On the browser, go to Administration tab and select Printers.
- Select Add Printer.
- You need to enter username and password.
- Your printer (Canon iP7240) should be on the list displayed. Select it and press Continue.
- CUPS detect and add the printer.
- A configuration window will pop up, fill values as needed.
- The printer is ready to use on your computer.
How To Install Driver of Canon PIXMA iP7240 on Mac OS:
- You need the file of the driver for your printer. When you have already completed the downloading process, it will be saved in the certain folder.
- You need to double-click on the downloaded driver file and mount it on the Disk Image.
- You need to double-click again on the mounted Disk Image.
- For the last step, double-click on the driver file. Do not worry, the installation will be started automatically.
How to Uninstall Canon PIXMA iP7240 Printer Driver:
- Click on Windows button on your computer keyboard.
- Open “Control Panel”.
- Chooses for “Uninstall a Program”
- Search for the name of the printer driver you want to uninstall.
- Click the Uninstall button.
- Wait until the process is completed.
- Open Apple Menu.
- Click System Preferences.
- Select Printers and Scanners.
- Choose a printer driver that you want to uninstall. (Select Canon iP7240 if your printer is of that type).
- Click Remove.
- Go to Application.
- Select System Settings.
- Select Printers. Printer window will pop up.
- Locate the Unlock button on the upper right section, open it.
- Enter a password.
- Then locate the Canon PIXMA iP7240 printer driver you want to uninstall. Find a minus sign on it.
- Click the minus sign.
To download a driver or software for Canon PIXMA iP7240, just click on the links that we have provided in this table below. If find any broken link or some problem with this printer please let us know, we will fix it as soon as possible.
|iP7240 Mini Master Setup (OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8)||1.0||23 MB||Download|
|iP7240 Mini Master Setup (Windows 8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.0||30 MB||Download|
|iP7240 CUPS Printer Driver Ver.126.96.36.199 (Mac)||188.8.131.52||15 MB||Download|
|iP7240 CUPS Printer Driver Ver. 184.108.40.206 (OS X 10.5/10.6)||220.127.116.11a||18 MB||Download|
|iP7240 Printer Driver Ver. 1.01 (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.01||24 MB||Download|
|iP7240 XPS Printer Driver Ver. 5.60a (Windows)||5.60a||26 MB||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver Ver. 3.80 for Linux (Source file)||3.80||8.5 MB||Download|
|iP7240 IJ Printer Driver Ver. 3.80 for Linux (Debian Packagearchive)||3.80||3.2 MB||Download|
|iP7240 IJ Printer Driver Ver. 3.80 for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)||3.80||3.3 MB||Download|
|iP7240 User Manual (Mac)||1.40a||47 MB||Download|
|iP7240 User Manual (Windows)||1.40||16 MB||Download|
Also, update a driver: Canon PIXMA MG3240 Driver
Canon PIXMA iP7240 Software and Driver Download for Windows, Mac OS, and Linux
In this website, the owner of canonsoftwaredriver.com has listed you much more driver, software, and user manual what you need to download for Canon iP7240 printer. You don’t have to go to the official Canon site, simple way to download it, just click on the link that we have provided, and don’t forget to follow the manual instruction or you can download a user manual for your printer on this link below.