Canon PIXMA E404 Printer Driver
Canon PIXMA E404 Printer Driver for Windows, Mac OS, and Linux – People love to get an efficient printer. If you are one of those people who is looking for a similar printer, Canon PIXMA E404 is the one that you need. This printer from Canon is very efficient. You can see that from the number of pages that you can print on this printer.
For your information, a large ink tank of this printer can print up to the maximum number of 6,000 pages of text. That is a significant number of pages that you can get. Meanwhile, for the color print, this Canon PIXMA E404 can print the maximum of 7,000 pages using those colored inks. That is not a bad thing though because you need to combine more than one color to print a photo.
If you think that you will notice the difference in a short time, you are wrong. This printer is an efficient printer. That means Canon PIXMA E404 needs some times before you can finally feel the efficiency of this printer. This printer is just something great that you need to have if you want to save more of your money for the future from the ink consumption.
Also, recommended: Canon PIXMA E304 Driver and Manual
Canon PIXMA E404 Operating Systems Compatibility:
- Windows 10
- Windows 8, Windows 8.1
- Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1
- Windows Vista SP1, Vista SP2
- Windows XP SP3 32-bit
- Mac OS X v10.6.8 – 10.8 – macOS v10.12 (Sierra), and macOS v10.13 (High Sierra) or later
Canon PIXMA E404 Specifications
|Print Speed (up to)||Black:ESAT: Approx. 8.0 ipm
Color:ESAT: Approx. 4.0 ipm
|Number of Nozzles||Color: 960 / Pigment Black: 320 / Total: 1,280|
|Picoliter Size (color)||2 and 5|
|Print Resolution (Up to)||Color: Up to 4800 x 600 dpi
Black: Up to 600 x 600 dpi
|Ink Compatibility||PG-46 Black Ink Cartridge
CL-56 Color Ink Cartridge
PG-46 XL Black Ink Cartridge
CL-56 XL Color Ink Cartridge
|Paper Sizes||A4, A5, and B5, 4″ x 6″, 5″ x 7″, Letter, Legal, U.S. #10 Envelopes|
|Paper Compatibility||Plain: Plain Paper;
Glossy: Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Glossy;
Envelope: U.S. #10 Envelope;
|Printer Features||Auto Photo Fix II, Document Printing, Full HD Movie Print, Special Filter Effects, My Image Garden, Photo Printing, Red-Eye Correction, Quiet Mode|
|Output Tray Capacity||60 Sheets Plain Paper -OR- 20 Sheets of 4″x6″ Photo Paper|
|Copy Speed (up to)||FCOT(Color): Approx. 31 seconds|
|Copy Features||Standard Copy, Multiple Copy: 1-21 Pages|
|Scanning Element||Contact Image Sensor (CIS)|
|Max. Resolutions||Optical:600 x 1200 dpi
Interpolated:19,200 x 19,200 dpi
|Scanner Features||Auto Scan Mode, Attach to E-Mail Scan, Push Scan|
|Color Depth||48-bit Input / 24-bit Output|
|Max. Document Size||8.5″ x 11.7″|
|Other Features||Hybrid Ink System, 4-Color Cartridge System, CREATIVE PARK PREMIUM, Auto Power Off, Auto Power On, Dual Color Gamut Processing Technology, Rated EPEAT Silver, Quiet Mode|
|OS Compatibility||Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1, Windows Vista SP1, Vista SP2, Windows XP SP3 32-bit, Mac OS X v10.6.8 – 10.8
Mobile Operating Systems: Windows RT
|Standard Interface||Hi-Speed USB|
|Dimension (W x D x H)||16.8″ (W) x 12.1″ (D) x 5.8″ (H)|
Step 1: How to Setup or Install the Canon PIXMA E404 Driver
This step tells you about to install Canon PIXMA E404 without CD
What you required:
- You need to have a driver or software for Canon PIXMA E404, for the file of a driver, you can download on the link below.
- You need the USB cable to connect the printer to your computer.
- Next step, you can follow this instruction below to install Canon PIXMA E404 printers for the setup file.
- The first step you need to turn on your computer and Canon E404 printer.
- In this step trying to do not connect a USB cable before it is suggested.
- Next, you can download, the driver of Canon PIXMA E404 and don’t forget to install it on your computer by following our instruction.
- You can connect the USB cable when the installation of the driver already finished.
- Follow the instructions to complete the installation process.
- When all step is finished, the Canon PIXMA E404 is ready to use for the printing.
Step 2: How to Setup or Install the Canon PIXMA E404 Driver Manually
For this step, you need to add the printer from the Windows feature.
- You require the software or Driver file of Canon PIXMA E404. You can download a driver on the links we provided.
- You need the USB cable for PIXMA E404 printer.
This step how to install the driver:
- First, you need to turn on all of your devices.
- Connect the USB cable from your Canon PIXMA E404 printer to the computer.
- Extract the file of driver or software that you have downloaded.
- Open “Control Panel”, then click on “View devices and printers”(Windows 7, 8, 10, and Vista). For Windows XP, you can open “Fax & Printers”.
- Choose your printer and click “Add a Printer”.
- If it has been ready for the driver location, choose the path where you need to extract the setup file.
- Follow all of the instructions to finish the installation.
- When all step is finished, the Canon PIXMA E404 printer is ready to use on your computer.
What you required:
- You need a CD or DVD drive to install a driver on your computer.
- The driver or software CD Disk of Canon PIXMA E404 that have included in the box of your printer.
- The USB Cable for connecting your printer to the computer.
Follow this instruction for the installation process with CD Drive.
- The first step, turn on your computer and Canon PIXMA E404 printer.
- Insert CD disk to CD or DVD drive on your computer, and follow the instruction from CD.
- Do not connect the USB cable to the printer until needed.
- If the installation wizard needs to plug the USB Cable, connect the USB Cable of Canon PIXMA E404 to the computer.
- If the USB Cable of Canon PIXMA E404 is detected, follow the instructions for the next process of the installation.
- When all steps are done, you will get a notification the printer is ready to use.
How To Install Canon PIXMA E404 Printer Driver On Linux:
- A Linux-run device
- A Common Unix Printer Service (CUPS) installed on the device.
- Turn on your computer and run the CUPS.
- Go to the web-based interface.
- Open a browser and navigate to localhost: 631.
- Connect the printer.
- On the browser, go to the Administration tab and select Printers.
- Select Add Printer.
- You need to enter the username and password.
- Your printer (Canon E404) should be on the list displayed. Select it and press Continue.
- CUPS detect and add the printer.
- A configuration window will pop up, fill values as needed.
- The printer is ready to use on your computer.
How To Install Driver of Canon PIXMA E404 on Mac OS:
- You need the file of the driver for your printer. When you have already completed the downloading process, it will be saved in a certain folder.
- You need to double-click on the downloaded driver file and mount it on the Disk Image.
- You need to double-click again on the mounted Disk Image.
- For the last step, double-click on the driver file. Do not worry, the installation will be started automatically.
How to Uninstall Canon PIXMA E404 Printer Driver:
- Click on Windows button on your computer keyboard.
- Open “Control Panel”.
- Chooses for “Uninstall a Program”
- Search for the name of the printer driver you want to uninstall.
- Click the Uninstall button.
- Wait until the process is completed.
- Open Apple Menu.
- Click System Preferences.
- Select Printers and Scanners.
- Choose a printer driver that you want to uninstall. (Select Canon E404 if your printer is of that type).
- Click Remove.
- Go to Application.
- Select System Settings.
- Select Printers. Printer window will pop up.
- Locate the Unlock button on the upper right section, open it.
- Enter a password.
- Then locate the Canon PIXMA E404 printer driver you want to uninstall. Find a minus sign on it.
- Click the minus sign.
To download a driver or software for Canon PIXMA E404, just click on the links that we have provided in this table below. If find any broken link or some problem with this printer please let us know, we will fix it as soon as possible.
|E404 Full Driver & Software Package (Mac)||1.3||8.7 MB||Download|
|E404 Full Driver & Software Package (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.1||47 MB||Download|
|E404 CUPS Printer Driver Ver.22.214.171.124 (Mac)||126.96.36.199||14 MB||Download|
|E404 CUPS Printer Driver Ver. 188.8.131.52 (OS X 10.6)||184.108.40.206a||15 MB||Download|
|ICA Driver Ver. 3.3.4 (OS X 10.6)||3.3.4a||3.1 MB||Download|
|E404 MP Drivers Ver. 1.00 (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.00||19 MB||Download|
|ICA Driver Ver. 4.1.3a (Mac)||4.1.3a||2 MB||Download|
|E404 XPS Printer Driver Ver. 5.75 (Windows)||5.75||18 MB||Download|
|E404 IJ Printer Driver Ver. 4.10 for Linux (Debian Packagearchive)||4.10||1.4 MB||Download|
|E404 IJ Printer Driver Ver. 4.10 for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)||4.10||1.5 MB||Download|
|ScanGear MP Ver. 2.30 for Linux (Source file)||2.30||2.5 MB||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver Ver. 4.10 for Linux (Source file)||4.10||7.3 MB||Download|
|E404 ScanGear MP Ver. 2.30 for Linux (Debian Packagearchive)||2.30||1.2 MB||Download|
|E404 ScanGear MP Ver. 2.30 for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)||2.30||1.2 MB||Download|
|Canon PIXMA E404 (PDF) User Manual (Mac)||1.2||5.5 MB||Download|
|Canon PIXMA E404 (PDF) User Manual (Windows)||1.2||8.1 MB||Download|
Also, update a driver: Canon PIXMA E204 Driver and Software
Canon PIXMA E404 Software and Driver Download for Windows, Mac OS, and Linux
In this website, the owner of canonsoftwaredriver.com has listed you much more driver, software, and user manual what you need to download for Canon E404 printer. You don’t have to go to the official Canon site, simple way to download it, just click on the link that we have provided, and don’t forget to follow the manual instruction or you can download a user manual for your printer on this link below.