Canon PIXMA E401 Driver and Manual
Canon PIXMA E401 Driver and Manual for Windows, Mac OS, and Linux – If you need an excellent photo printer, you need to get the Canon PIXMA E401. As many of you might have known, Canon is one of the best printer manufacturers that you can find nowadays. As an addition to that, this printer model from Canon is meant for the photo printing needs. As a result, you do not need to worry about the photo printing quality of this printer.
You need to know that there are a lot of things that become the reason why this printer is great for printing your photo. One of them is because of the particular ink technology from Canon PIXMA E401. Yes, this printer is using four individual ink tanks that will give you the perfect color combination for your photo print.
As an addition to that, this printer also gives you the high-resolution printing feature. This is the kind of feature that will surely give you a sharp and detailed photo printing result. With this feature that you can get from Canon PIXMA E401, you can be sure that printing your HD photo will not get blurred at all. That is why a lot of people are into this printer if they are looking for an excellent photo printer.
Also, recommended: Canon PIXMA E301 Driver and Manual
Canon PIXMA E401 Operating Systems Compatibility:
- Windows 10
- Windows 8, Windows 8.1
- Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1
- Windows Vista SP1, Vista SP2
- Windows XP SP3 32-bit
- Mac OS X v10.6.8 – 10.8 – macOS v10.12 (Sierra), and macOS v10.13 (High Sierra) or later
Canon PIXMA E401 Specifications
|Print Speed (up to)||Black:ESAT: Approx. 8.0 ipm
Color:ESAT: Approx. 4.0 ipm
|Number of Nozzles||Color: 960 / Pigment Black: 320 / Total: 1,280|
|Picoliter Size (color)||2 and 5|
|Print Resolution (Up to)||Color: Up to 4800 x 600 dpi
Black: Up to 600 x 600 dpi
|Ink Compatibility||PG-44 Black Ink Cartridge
CL-54 Color Ink Cartridge
PG-44 XL Black Ink Cartridge
CL-54 XL Color Ink Cartridge
|Paper Sizes||A4, A5, and B5, 4″ x 6″, 5″ x 7″, Letter, Legal, U.S. #10 Envelopes|
|Paper Compatibility||Plain: Plain Paper;
Glossy: Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Glossy;
Envelope: U.S. #10 Envelope;
|Printer Features||Auto Photo Fix II, Document Printing, Full HD Movie Print, Special Filter Effects, My Image Garden, Photo Printing, Red-Eye Correction, Quiet Mode|
|Output Tray Capacity||60 Sheets Plain Paper -OR- 20 Sheets of 4″x6″ Photo Paper|
|Copy Speed (up to)||FCOT(Color): Approx. 31 seconds|
|Copy Features||Standard Copy, Multiple Copy: 1-21 Pages|
|Scanning Element||Contact Image Sensor (CIS)|
|Max. Resolutions||Optical:600 x 1200 dpi
Interpolated:19,200 x 19,200 dpi
|Scanner Features||Auto Scan Mode, Attach to E-Mail Scan, Push Scan|
|Color Depth||48-bit Input / 24-bit Output|
|Max. Document Size||8.5″ x 11.7″|
|Other Features||Hybrid Ink System, 4-Color Cartridge System, CREATIVE PARK PREMIUM, Auto Power Off, Auto Power On, Dual Color Gamut Processing Technology, Rated EPEAT Silver, Quiet Mode|
|OS Compatibility||Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1, Windows Vista SP1, Vista SP2, Windows XP SP3 32-bit, Mac OS X v10.6.8 – 10.8
Mobile Operating Systems: Windows RT
|Standard Interface||Hi-Speed USB|
|Dimension (W x D x H)||16.8″ (W) x 12.1″ (D) x 5.8″ (H)|
Step 1: How to Setup or Install the Canon PIXMA E401 Driver
This step tells you about to install Canon PIXMA E401 without CD
What you required:
- You need to have a driver or software for Canon PIXMA E401, for the file of a driver, you can download on the link below.
- You need the USB cable to connect the printer to your computer.
- Next step, you can follow this instruction below to install Canon PIXMA E401 printers for the setup file.
- The first step you need to turn on your computer and Canon E401 printer.
- In this step trying to do not connect a USB cable before it is suggested.
- Next, you can download, the driver of Canon PIXMA E401 and don’t forget to install it on your computer by following our instruction.
- You can connect the USB cable when the installation of the driver already finished.
- Follow the instructions to complete the installation process.
- When all step is finished, the Canon PIXMA E401 is ready to use for the printing.
Step 2: How to Setup or Install the Canon PIXMA E401 Driver Manually
For this step, you need to add the printer from the Windows feature.
- You require the software or Driver file of Canon PIXMA E401. You can download a driver on the links we provided.
- You need the USB cable for PIXMA E401 printer.
This step how to install the driver:
- First, you need to turn on all of your devices.
- Connect the USB cable from your Canon PIXMA E401 printer to the computer.
- Extract the file of driver or software that you have downloaded.
- Open “Control Panel”, then click on “View devices and printers”(Windows 7, 8, 10, and Vista). For Windows XP, you can open “Fax & Printers”.
- Choose your printer and click “Add a Printer”.
- If it has been ready for the driver location, choose the path where you need to extract the setup file.
- Follow all of the instructions to finish the installation.
- When all step is finished, the Canon PIXMA E401 printer is ready to use on your computer.
What you required:
- You need a CD or DVD drive to install a driver on your computer.
- The driver or software CD Disk of Canon PIXMA E401 that have included in the box of your printer.
- The USB Cable for connecting your printer to the computer.
Follow this instruction for the installation process with CD Drive.
- The first step, turn on your computer and Canon PIXMA E401 printer.
- Insert CD disk to CD or DVD drive on your computer, and follow the instruction from CD.
- Do not connect the USB cable to the printer until needed.
- If the installation wizard needs to plug the USB Cable, connect the USB Cable of Canon PIXMA E401 to the computer.
- If the USB Cable of Canon PIXMA E401 is detected, follow the instructions for the next process of the installation.
- When all steps are done, you will get a notification the printer is ready to use.
How To Install Canon PIXMA E401 Printer Driver On Linux:
- A Linux-run device
- A Common Unix Printer Service (CUPS) installed on the device.
- Turn on your computer and run the CUPS.
- Go to the web-based interface.
- Open a browser and navigate to localhost: 631.
- Connect the printer.
- On the browser, go to the Administration tab and select Printers.
- Select Add Printer.
- You need to enter the username and password.
- Your printer (Canon E401) should be on the list displayed. Select it and press Continue.
- CUPS detect and add the printer.
- A configuration window will pop up, fill values as needed.
- The printer is ready to use on your computer.
How To Install Driver of Canon PIXMA E401 on Mac OS:
- You need the file of the driver for your printer. When you have already completed the downloading process, it will be saved in a certain folder.
- You need to double-click on the downloaded driver file and mount it on the Disk Image.
- You need to double-click again on the mounted Disk Image.
- For the last step, double-click on the driver file. Do not worry, the installation will be started automatically.
How to Uninstall Canon PIXMA E401 Printer Driver:
- Click on Windows button on your computer keyboard.
- Open “Control Panel”.
- Chooses for “Uninstall a Program”
- Search for the name of the printer driver you want to uninstall.
- Click the Uninstall button.
- Wait until the process is completed.
- Open Apple Menu.
- Click System Preferences.
- Select Printers and Scanners.
- Choose a printer driver that you want to uninstall. (Select Canon E401 if your printer is of that type).
- Click Remove.
- Go to Application.
- Select System Settings.
- Select Printers. Printer window will pop up.
- Locate the Unlock button on the upper right section, open it.
- Enter a password.
- Then locate the Canon PIXMA E401 printer driver you want to uninstall. Find a minus sign on it.
- Click the minus sign.
To download a driver or software for Canon PIXMA E401, just click on the links that we have provided in this table below. If find any broken link or some problem with this printer please let us know, we will fix it as soon as possible.
|E401 Full Driver & Software Package (Mac)||1.3||8.7 MB||Download|
|E401 Full Driver & Software Package (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.1||47 MB||Download|
|E401 CUPS Printer Driver Ver.126.96.36.199 (Mac)||188.8.131.52||14 MB||Download|
|E401 CUPS Printer Driver Ver. 184.108.40.206 (OS X 10.6)||220.127.116.11a||15 MB||Download|
|ICA Driver Ver. 3.3.4 (OS X 10.6)||3.3.4a||3.1 MB||Download|
|E401 MP Drivers Ver. 1.00 (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.00||19 MB||Download|
|ICA Driver Ver. 4.1.3a (Mac)||4.1.3a||2 MB||Download|
|E401 XPS Printer Driver Ver. 5.75 (Windows)||5.75||18 MB||Download|
|E401 IJ Printer Driver Ver. 4.10 for Linux (Debian Packagearchive)||4.10||1.4 MB||Download|
|E401 IJ Printer Driver Ver. 4.10 for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)||4.10||1.5 MB||Download|
|ScanGear MP Ver. 2.30 for Linux (Source file)||2.30||2.5 MB||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver Ver. 4.10 for Linux (Source file)||4.10||7.3 MB||Download|
|E401 ScanGear MP Ver. 2.30 for Linux (Debian Packagearchive)||2.30||1.2 MB||Download|
|E401 ScanGear MP Ver. 2.30 for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)||2.30||1.2 MB||Download|
|Canon PIXMA E401 (PDF) User Manual (Mac)||1.2||5.5 MB||Download|
|Canon PIXMA E401 (PDF) User Manual (Windows)||1.2||8.1 MB||Download|
Also, update a driver: Canon PIXMA E201 Driver and Manual
Canon PIXMA E401 Software and Driver Download for Windows, Mac OS, and Linux
In this website, the owner of canonsoftwaredriver.com has listed you much more driver, software, and user manual what you need to download for Canon E401 printer. You don’t have to go to the official Canon site, simple way to download it, just click on the link that we have provided, and don’t forget to follow the manual instruction or you can download a user manual for your printer on this link below.