Canon PIXMA iP8720 Driver and Manual Download
Canon PIXMA iP8720 Driver and Manual Download for Windows, Mac OS, and Linux – In this era of technology, photo printers emerge as new trends among photo enthusiasts. To keep up with this trend, Canon released Canon PIXMA iP8720. This machine is equipped with Wi-Fi and USB port as its interface to enhance its accessibility to multiple computers remotely. The printing technology used by this machine is color inkjet. This machine uses six separate ink tanks, allowing you to replace only the ink that runs out and save more money on printing price.
The design of Canon PIXMA iP8720 is notably compact, with 18.52 lbs. in weight, and 13.1 x 6.3 x 23.3 inches in depth, height, and width respectively. It does not need too much space in your room. This machine supports several media types, such as plain paper, envelopes, and various types of photo paper. The total media capacity of this device is pretty decent, with 150 sheets in total.
You can print with speed up to 14.5 inches per minute for mono printing and 10.4 inches per minute with Canon PIXMA iP8720. The maximum resolution is very impressive, with 9600 x 2400 dpi. It is compatible with some operating systems, such as Mac OS X (version 10.6.8 or up) and Windows (XP or later).
Also, recommended: Canon PIXMA iP7220 Driver
Canon PIXMA iP8720 Operating Systems Compatibility:
- Windows 10
- Windows 8, Windows 8.1
- Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1
- Windows Vista SP1, Vista SP2
- Windows XP SP3 32-bit
- Mac OS X v10.6.8 – v10.9 – macOS v10.12 (Sierra), and macOS High Sierra 10.13 or later
Canon PIXMA iP8720 Specifications
|Printer Type||Photo Printer|
|Features||AirPrint, Borderless Printing, CD/DVD Printing, Document Printing, Full HD Movie Print, Special Filters, Grayscale Printing, Google Cloud Print, My Image Garden, Photo Printing, PIXMA Printing Solutions, Quiet Mode, Wireless PictBridge, Wireless Printing, 6-Color Ink System with Gray Ink, Rated EPEAT Silver, Auto Power On, Auto Power Off, CREATIVE PARK PREMIUM|
|Print Speed (up to)||4×6 Color Photo: 4″ x 6″ Borderless Photo: Approx. 36 seconds
Black: ESAT (Black): Approx. 14.5 ipm
Color: ESAT (Color): Approx 10.4 ipm
|Number of Nozzles||Color: 5,632 / Black: 1,024 / Total: 6,656|
|Print Resolution (Up to)||Color: Up to 9600 x 2400 dpi
Black: Up to 600 x 600 dpi
|OS Compatibility||Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1,
Windows Vista SP1, Vista SP2, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
Mac OS X v10.6.8 – v10.9
Mobile Operating Systems: iOS, Android, Windows RT
|Standard Interfaces||Wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11b/g/n)
|Ink Compatibility||PGI-250XL Pigment Black
PGI-250 Pigment Black
|Ink Droplet Size||1, 2 and 5|
|Paper Sizes||4” x 6”, 5” x 7”, 8” x 10”, A4, A5, B4, B5, Letter, Legal, 11” x 17”, 13” x 19”, U.S. #10 Envelopes|
|Automatic Sheet Feeder||Auto Sheet Feeder: 150 sheets|
|Paper Compatibility||Plain: Plain Paper, High-Resolution Paper;
Super High Gloss: Photo Paper Pro Platinum;
Glossy: Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Glossy;
Matte: Matte Photo Paper;
Envelope: U.S. #10 Envelope;
CD/DVD: Printable CD/DVD/Blu-ray Disc
|Physical Dimensions||23.3″(W) x 13.1″(D) x 6.3″(H)|
Step 1: How to Setup or Install the Canon PIXMA iP8720 Driver
This step tells you about to install Canon PIXMA iP8720 without CD
What you required:
- You need to have a driver or software for Canon PIXMA iP8720, for the file of a driver, you can download on the link below.
- You need the USB cable to connect the printer to your computer.
- Next step, you can follow this instruction below to install Canon PIXMA iP8720 printers for the setup file.
- The first step you need to turn on your computer and Canon iP8720 printer.
- In this step trying to do not connect a USB cable before it is suggested.
- Next, you can download, the driver of Canon PIXMA iP8720 and don’t forget to install it on your computer by following our instruction.
- You can connect the USB cable when the installation of the driver already finished.
- Follow the instructions to complete the installation process.
- When all step is finished, the Canon PIXMA iP8720 is ready to use for the printing.
Step 2: How to Setup or Install the Canon PIXMA iP8720 Driver Manually
For this step, you need to add the printer from the Windows feature.
- You require the software or Driver file of Canon PIXMA iP8720. You can download a driver on the links we provided.
- You need the USB cable for PIXMA iP8720 printer.
This step how to install the driver:
- First, you need to turn on all of your devices.
- Connect the USB cable from your Canon PIXMA iP8720 printer to the computer.
- Extract the file of driver or software that you have downloaded.
- Open “Control Panel”, then click on “View devices and printers”(Windows 7, 8, 10, and Vista). For Windows XP, you can open “Fax & Printers”.
- Choose your printer and click “Add a Printer”.
- If it has been ready for the driver location, choose the path where you need to extract the setup file.
- Follow all of the instructions to finish the installation.
- When all step is finished, the Canon PIXMA iP8720 printer is ready to use on your computer.
What you required:
- You need a CD or DVD drive to install a driver on your computer.
- The driver or software CD Disk of Canon PIXMA iP8720 that have included in the box of your printer.
- The USB Cable for connecting your printer to the computer.
Follow this instruction for installation process with CD Drive.
- The first step, turn on your computer and Canon PIXMA iP8720 printer.
- Insert CD disk to CD or DVD drive on your computer, and follow the instruction from CD.
- Do not connect the USB cable to the printer until needed.
- If installation wizard needs to plug the USB Cable, connect the USB Cable of Canon PIXMA iP8720 to the computer.
- If the USB Cable of Canon PIXMA iP8720 is detected, follow the instructions for the next process of the installation.
- When all steps are done, you will get a notification the printer is ready to use.
How To Install Canon PIXMA iP8720 Printer Driver On Linux:
- A Linux-run device
- A Common Unix Printer Service (CUPS) installed on the device.
- Turn on your computer and run the CUPS.
- Go to the web-based interface.
- Open a browser and navigate to localhost: 631.
- Connect the printer.
- On the browser, go to Administration tab and select Printers.
- Select Add Printer.
- You need to enter username and password.
- Your printer (Canon iP8720) should be on the list displayed. Select it and press Continue.
- CUPS detect and add the printer.
- A configuration window will pop up, fill values as needed.
- The printer is ready to use on your computer.
How To Install Driver of Canon PIXMA iP8720 on Mac OS:
- You need the file of the driver for your printer. When you have already completed the downloading process, it will be saved in the certain folder.
- You need to double-click on the downloaded driver file and mount it on the Disk Image.
- You need to double-click again on the mounted Disk Image.
- For the last step, double-click on the driver file. Do not worry, the installation will be started automatically.
How to Uninstall Canon PIXMA iP8720 Printer Driver:
- Click on Windows button on your computer keyboard.
- Open “Control Panel”.
- Chooses for “Uninstall a Program”
- Search for the name of the printer driver you want to uninstall.
- Click the Uninstall button.
- Wait until the process is completed.
- Open Apple Menu.
- Click System Preferences.
- Select Printers and Scanners.
- Choose a printer driver that you want to uninstall. (Select Canon iP8720 if your printer is of that type).
- Click Remove.
- Go to Application.
- Select System Settings.
- Select Printers. Printer window will pop up.
- Locate the Unlock button on the upper right section, open it.
- Enter a password.
- Then locate the Canon PIXMA iP8720 printer driver you want to uninstall. Find a minus sign on it.
- Click the minus sign.
To download a driver or software for Canon PIXMA iP8720, just click on the links that we have provided in this table below. If find any broken link or some problem with this printer please let us know, we will fix it as soon as possible.
|iP8720 Full Driver & Software Package (Mac)||1.5||11 MB||Download|
|iP8720 Full Driver & Software Package (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.1||49 MB||Download|
|iP8720 CUPS Printer Driver Ver.18.104.22.168 (Mac)||22.214.171.124||16 MB||Download|
|iP8720 CUPS Printer Driver Ver. 126.96.36.199 (OS X 10.6)||188.8.131.52a||18 MB||Download|
|iP8720 Printer Driver Ver. 1.00 (Windows XP)||1.00||17 MB||Download|
|iP8720 XPS Printer Driver Ver. 5.75 (Windows)||5.75||19 MB||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver Ver. 4.10 for Linux (Source file)||4.10||7.3 MB||Download|
|iP8720 IJ Printer Driver Ver. 4.10 for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)||4.10||2 MB||Download|
|iP8720 IJ Printer Driver Ver. 4.10 for Linux (Debian Packagearchive)||4.10||1.9 MB||Download|
|iP8720 Printer Driver Ver. 1.01 (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)||1.01||17 MB||Download|
|iP8720 (PDF) User Manual (Windows)||1.2||6.8 MB||Download|
|iP8720 (PDF) User Manual (Mac)||1.2||5.2 MB||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver Ver. 4.10 for Linux (Operation guide)||4.10||78 KB||Download|
Also, update a driver: Canon PIXMA MG3220 Driver
Canon PIXMA iP8720 Software and Driver Download for Windows, Mac OS, and Linux
In this website, the owner of canonsoftwaredriver.com has listed you much more driver, software, and user manual what you need to download for Canon iP8720 printer. You don’t have to go to the official Canon site, simple way to download it, just click on the link that we have provided, and don’t forget to follow the manual instruction or you can download a user manual for your printer on this link below.