Canon PIXMA MG2940 Driver Download and Manual
Canon PIXMA MG2940 Driver Download and User Manual for Windows, Linux, and Mac OS – If you are in the mood to search for high-end and sophisticated printing device, make sure to consider Canon PIXMA MG2940 as your replacement. Of course, due to convenient usage and user-friendly printer, this device being placed on the first-place printer being recommended for light to heavy duty printing needs. Furthermore, as a multifunctional printer, you can perform three functions such as printing, scanning, and copying in only one device.
Your creative mind will never stop since Canon PIXMA MG2940 offers you with such functional software known as My Image Garden, and also Easy-Web-Print EX. Those are online-based software in which you can create a layout, edit, and enhanced your photo printing and images. In the other hand, the Easy-WebPrint EX is used for web page printing in the easy procedure. Unless you want to spend more money, you can buy this device instead for saving up.
Another useful feature on Canon MG2940 including Auto Power On/Off where you can regulate the printer to be efficient in usage. This feature lets the printer to know whenever you are ready for printing or finish to deliver any documents. In the end, with small dimension and size, you will find any convenience while finding for the perfect place to put this printer on.
Also, Recommended: Canon PIXMA MG2540 Software and Driver Download
Canon PIXMA MG2940 Operating Systems Compatibility:
- Windows 10
- Windows 8, Windows 8.1
- Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1
- Windows Vista SP1, Vista SP2
- Windows XP SP3 32-bit
- Mac OS X v10.6.8 – 10.9, and Mac OS 10.12(Sierra) or later
- Mobile Operating Systems: iOS, Android, Windows RT
Canon PIXMA MG2940 Specifications
|Print Speed (up to)||Black: ESAT: Approx. 8.0 ipm
Color: ESAT: Approx. 4.0 ipm
|Number of Nozzles||Color: 960 / Pigment Black: 320 / Total: 1,280|
|Picoliter Size (color)||2 and 5|
|Print Resolution (Up to)||Color: Up to 4800 x 600 dpi
Black: Up to 600 x 600 dpi
|Ink Compatibility||PG-245 Pigment Black
CL-246 Color Ink
PG-245XL Pigment Black
CL-246XL Color Ink
|Paper Sizes||4″ x 6″, 5″ x 7″, Letter, Legal, A4, A5, B5, U.S. #10 Envelopes|
|Paper Compatibility||Plain: Plain Paper;
Glossy: Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Glossy;
Envelope: U.S. #10 Envelope;
|Printer Features||CREATIVE PARK PREMIUM, Easy-PhotoPrint+, Document Printing, Full HD Movie Print, Fun Filter Effects, Google Cloud Print, My Image Garden, PIXMA Printing Solutions, Quiet Mode, Wireless Auto Power On, Wireless PictBridge, Wireless Printing, Easy PhotoPrint+|
|Output Tray Capacity||60 Sheets Plain Paper|
|Copy Features||Standard Copy|
|Scanning Element||Contact Image Sensor (CIS)|
|Max. Resolutions||Optical:600 x 1200 dpi
Interpolated:19,200 x 19,200 dpi
|Scanner Features||Auto Scan Mode|
|Color Depth||48-bit Input / 24-bit Output|
|Max. Document Size||8.5″ x 11.7″|
|Other Features||Hybrid Ink System, 4-Color Cartridge System, CREATIVE PARK PREMIUM, Rated EPEAT Silver, Wireless Auto Power On, Dual Color Gamut Processing Technology, Quiet Mode, PIXMA Printing Solutions6|
|OS Compatibility||Windows: Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1, Windows Vista SP1, Vista SP2, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
Mac: Mac OS X v10.6.8 – 10.9
Mobile Operating Systems: iOS, Android, Windows RT
|Standard Interface||Wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11b/g/n) Hi-Speed USB PictBridge (Wireless LAN)|
|Dimension (W x D x H)||6.8″ (W) x 12.1″ (D) x 5.8″ (H)|
Step 1: How to Setup or Install the Canon PIXMA MG2940 Driver
This step tell you about to install Canon PIXMA MG2940 without CD
What you required:
- You need to have a driver or software for Canon PIXMA MG2940, for the file of a driver, you can download on the link below.
- You need the USB cable to connect the printer to your computer.
- Next step, you can follow this instruction below to install Canon PIXMA MG 2940 printer for the setup file.
- The first step you need to turn on your computer and Canon MG2940 printer.
- In this step trying to do not connect a USB cable before it is suggested.
- Next, you can download, the driver of Canon PIXMA MG2940 and don’t forget to install it on your computer by following our instruction.
- You can connect the USB cable when the installation of the driver already finished.
- Follow the instructions to complete the installation process.
- When all step is finished, the Canon PIXMA MG2940 is ready to use for the printing.
Step 2: How to Setup or Install the Canon PIXMA MG2940 Driver Manually
For this step, you need to add the printer from the Windows feature.
What you required:
- You require for the software or Driver file of Canon PIXMA MG2940. You can download on the links we provided.
- You need the USB cable for PIXMA MG2940 printer.
This step how to install the driver:
- First, you need to turn on all of your devices.
- Connect the USB cable from your Canon PIXMA MG2940 printer to the computer.
- Extract the file of driver or software that you have downloaded.
- Open “Control Panel”, then click on “View devices and printers”(Windows 7, 8, 10, and Vista). For Windows XP, you can open “Fax & Printers”.
- Choose your printer and click “Add a Printer”.
- If it has been ready for the driver location, choose the path where you need to extract the setup file.
- Follow all of the instructions to finish the installation.
- When all step is finished, the Canon PIXMA MG2940 printer is ready to use on your computer.
Step 3: How to Install or Setup Canon PIXMA MG2940 Printer with CD
What you required:
- You need a CD or DVD drive for install a driver on your computer.
- The driver or software CD Disk of Canon PIXMA MG2940 that have included in the box of your printer.
- The USB Cable for connecting your printer to the computer.
Follow this instruction for installation process with CD Drive.
- The first step, turn on your computer and Canon PIXMA MG2940 printer.
- Insert CD disk to CD or DVD drive on your computer, and follow the instruction from CD.
- Do not connect the USB cable of the printer until needed.
- If installation wizard needs to plug the USB Cable, connect the USB Cable of Canon PIXMA MG2940 to the computer.
- If the USB Cable of Canon PIXMA MG2940 is detected, follow the instruction for the next process of the installation.
- When all steps are done, you will get a notification the printer is ready to use.
How To Install Canon PIXMA MG2940 Printer Driver On Linux
- A Linux-run device
- A Common Unix Printer Service (CUPS) installed on the device.
- Turn on your computer and run the CUPS.
- Go to the web-based interface.
- Open a browser and navigate to localhost: 631.
- Connect the printer.
- On the browser, go to Administration tab and select Printers.
- Select Add Printer.
- You need to enter username and password.
- Your printer (Canon MG2940) should be on the list displayed. Select it and press Continue.
- CUPS detect and add the printer.
- A configuration window will pop up, fill values as needed.
- The printer is ready to use on your computer.
How To Install Driver of Canon PIXMA MG2940 on Mac OS:
- You need the file of the driver for your printer. When you have already completed the downloading process, it will be saved in the certain folder.
- You need to double click on the downloaded driver file and mount it on the Disk Image.
- You need to double click again on the mounted Disk Image.
- For the last step, double click on the driver file. Do not worry, the installation will be started automatically.
How to Uninstall Canon PIXMA MG2940 Printer Driver
- Click on Windows button on your computer keyboard.
- Open “Control Panel”.
- Chooses for “Uninstall a Program”
- Search for the name of the printer driver you want to uninstall.
- Click on the Uninstall button.
- Wait until the process is completed.
- Open Apple Menu.
- Click System Preferences.
- Select Printers and Scanners.
- Choose a printer driver that you want to uninstall. (Select Canon MG2940 if your printer is of that type.)
- Click Remove.
- Go to Application.
- Select System Settings.
- Select Printers. Printer window will pop up.
- Locate Unlock button on the upper right section, open it.
- Enter a password.
- Then locate the Canon PIXMA MG2940 printer driver your want to uninstall. Find a minus sign under it.
- Click the minus sign.
Canon PIXMA MG2940 Wireless Setup
- Press the Menu button on your Canon MG2940 printer, then use the or button to select Settings, then press the OK button.
- Select Device Settings, then press the OK button.
- Select LAN settings, then press the OK button.
- Select Change wireless / wired, then press the OK button.
- Select Wireless LAN active, then press the OK button.
- Select Wireless LAN settings, then press the OK button.
- Select WPS configuration on the printer, then press the OK button.
- Select Push button method then presses the OK button.
- Press the OK button on your MG2940 printer.
- When the access point is ready, press the OK button on the machine, then press the WPS button on the access point within two minutes.
- When the completion screen appears on the LCD of the device, press the OK button. The LAN settings screen returns.
- Important: A timeout error occurs if the setup is not completed within two minutes.
- Reference: The WPS button may be named differently depending on your access point. For details, refer to the manual of your access point.
- When this step is finished, that you can print and use your PIXMA MG2940 printer with wireless to print your office or home jobs.
|PIXMA MG2940 series Full Driver & Software Package For (OS X 10.12/10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7/Mac OS X 10.6)||1.4||12 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MG2940 series Full Driver & Software Package (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.1||50 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MG2940 series MP Drivers (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.01||31 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MG2940 series XPS Printer (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)||5.8||18 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MG2940 series CUPS Printer (OS X 10.12/10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||126.96.36.199||14 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MG2940 series CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.6)||188.8.131.52||16 MB||Download|
|ICA Driver (OS X 10.12/10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.1.3||2.5 MB||Download|
|ICA Driver (OS X 10.6)||3.3.4||3.7 MB||Download|
|ScanGear MP for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)||3||213 KB||Download|
|ScanGear MP for Linux (Debian Packagearchive)||3||236 KB||Download|
|ScanGear MP for Linux (Source file)||3||204 KB||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver for Linux (Debian Packagearchive)||5||474 KB||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)||5||262 KB||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver for Linux (Source file)||5||376 KB||Download|
|IJ Scan Utility (OS X 10.6)||2.0.12||20 MB||Download|
|IJ Scan Utility (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||2.1.6||21 MB||Download|
|Canon IJ Network Tool for Intel Mac (OS X 10.5/10.6)||4.4.1||5.3 MB||Download|
|Canon IJ Network Tool (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.6.1||5.6 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||3.3.0||293 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||3.2.0||299 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.6)||3.1.0||298 MB||Download|
|My Printer (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||3.3.0||5.6 MB||Download|
|Easy-WebPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.6.0||15 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||4.5.0||58 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.6.0||102 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.6)||2.5.0||2.4 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||2.6.1||9.2 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||2.6.1||2.2 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MG2940 series (PDF) User Manual (Mac)||1.1||7.4 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MG2940 series (PDF) User Manual (Windows)||1.1||11 MB||Download|
|Guide for Quick Menu (Windows)||V2.7||627 KB||Download|
|Guide for Quick Menu (Mac)||V2.7||617 KB||Download|
|Guide for My Image Garden (Mac)||V3.5||2.8 MB||Download|
|Guide for My Image Garden (Windows)||V3.5||2.8 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MG2940 series Getting Started Guide (software installation part)||V3||3.5 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MG2940 series / E460 series Getting Started Guide (device setup part)||V1||1.3 MB||Download|
|ScanGear MP for Linux (Operation guide)||3.00||85 KB||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver for Linux (Operation guide)||5.00||72 KB||Download|
Canon PIXMA MG2940 Manual, Sofware and Driver Download for Windows, Mac OS, and Linux
In this website, the owner of Canon Software Driver has listed you much more driver or software what you need to download for Canon MG2940 printer. You don’t have to go to the official Canon site, simple way to download it, just click on the link that we have provided, and don’t forget to follow the manual instruction or you can download a user manual for your printer on this link below.