Canon PIXMA MG5550 Printer Driver and Software Download
Canon PIXMA MG5550 Printer Driver and Software Download for Mac OS, Windows, and Linux – Canon PIXMA MG5550 weight at 6.3 kg. It is 455 mm wide, 369 mm deep, and 148 mm tall. The acoustic noise level for the unit is 43 dB. Ideal operating temperature is 5 to 35 degree Celsius. Ideal operating humidity is 10-90% RH. It works with AC power source of100-240 V and 50/60 Hz. Power consumption clocks at 1.1 watts when standby, 0.3 watts when off, and 11 watts when copying. It supports devices running on Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP SP3 (32 bit only), and MacOS X 10.6.8.
Canon MG5550 printer supports mobile devices running on iOS, Android, and Windows RT. Its minimum system requirements cover 33GB disk space and Internet Explorer 8 for Windows. For Mac, it needs an internet connection, 1.5 GB disk space, and Safari 5. Printer display is of 1024 x 768 XGA.
Canon PIXMA MG5550 includes software such as MP Driver that includes Scanning Utility, My Image Garden plus Full HD Movie Print, Quick Menu, and Easy-WebPrint EX. Printer interfaces include Hi-Speed USB (B Port) for both PC and Mac, Wi-Fi IEEE802.11 b/g/n (secured with WPA-PSK, WPA2-PSK, WEP, and admin password). Other interface options include PIXMA Cloud Link, PIXMA Printing Solution app, AirPrint, and Google Cloud Print.
Also, recommended: Canon PIXMA MG5450 Printer Driver and Manual Download
Canon PIXMA MG5550 Operating Systems Compatibility:
- Windows 10
- Windows 8, Windows 8.1
- Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1
- Windows Vista SP1, Vista SP2
- Windows XP SP3 32-bit
- Mac OS X v10.6.8 – 10.9.x and Mac OS 10.12(Sierra) or later
Canon PIXMA MG5550 Specifications
|Print Speed (up to)||4″ x 6″ Borderless Photo: Approx. 44 seconds|
Black: ESAT (Black): Approx. 12.2 ipm
Color: ESAT (Color): Approx. 8.7 ipm
|Number of Nozzles||Color: 3,072 / Pigment Black: 1,024 / Total: 4,096|
|Picoliter Size (color)||2 and 5|
|Print Resolution (Up to)||Color: Up to 4800 x 1200 dpi|
Black: Up to 600 x 600 dpi
|Ink Compatibility||PGI-550 Pigment Black XL|
CLI-551 Cyan XL
CLI-551 Magenta XL
CLI-551 Yellow XL
CLI-551 Black XL
PGI-550 Pigment Black
CLI-551 C Cyan
CLI-551 M Magenta
|Paper Sizes||A4, A5, B5, 10x15cm, 13x18cm, 20x25cm, Envelopes (DL, COM10), Letter, Legal|
|Paper Compatibility||Plain Paper|
Canon Pro Platinum (PT-101)
Canon Pro Luster (LU-101)
Canon Plus Glossy II (PP-201)
Cano Plus Semi-gloss (SG-201)
Canon “Everyday Use” (GP-501)
Canon Matte (MP-101)
Canon High-Resolution Paper (HR-101N)
Canon Photo Stickers (PS-101)
Canon T-Shirt Transfer (TR-301)
|Printer Features||AirPrint, Auto Duplex Print, Auto Photo Fix II, Borderless Printing, Calendar Print, Cloud Link Printing, Document Printing, Full HD Movie Print, Special Filters, Google Cloud Print, My Image Garden, Mobile Device Printing, Photo Printing, Cloud Link Printing, PIXMA Printing Solutions, Print from Email, Red-Eye Correction, Template Print, Trimming Print, Quiet Mode, Web Template Print, Wireless Printing|
|Output Tray Capacity||100 Sheets Plain Paper -OR- 20 Sheets of 4″x6″ Photo Paper|
|Copy Speed (up to)||FCOT(Color): Approx. 20 seconds|
|Reduction / Enlargement||25% – 400%|
|Copy Features||4-on-1 / 2-on-1 Copy, Auto Exposure Copy, Auto Photo Fix II, Borderless Copy, Fade Restoration, Fit-to-Page, Frame Erase Copy, Multiple Copy: 1-99 Pages, Photo Reprint, Preset Copy Ratios, Two-sided Copy, Zoom|
|Scanning Element||Contact Image Sensor (CIS)|
|Max. Resolutions||Optical:1200 x 2400 dpi|
Interpolated:19,200 x 19,200 dpi
|Scanner Features||Auto Scan Mode, Attach to E-Mail Scan, Network Scan, Push Scan, Wireless Scanning|
|Color Depth||48-bit Input / 24-bit Output|
|Max. Document Size||8.5″ x 11.7″|
|Other Features||2.5″ LCD, 5-color Ink System, CREATIVE PARK PREMIUM, Auto Power Off, Auto Power On, Dual Color Gamut Processing Technology, Snap Edge, Quiet Mode, PIXMA Printing Solutions, Quick Start, Rated EPEAT Silver|
|OS Compatibility||Windows 8, Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1, Windows Vista SP1, Vista SP2, Windows XP SP3 32-bit Mac OS X v10.6.8 – 10.9.x|
Mobile Operating Systems: iOS, Android, Windows RT
|Standard Interface||Wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11b/g/n)|
|Software Included|| MP Driver including Scanning Utility|
My Image Garden with Full HD Movie Print
Easy-WebPrint EX (download)
|Dimension (W x D x H)||18.0″ (W) x 14.6″ (D) x 5.9″ (H)|
|Weight||Approx. 6.3 kg|
Step 1: How to Setup or Install the Canon PIXMA MG5550 Driver
This step tell you about to install Canon PIXMA MG5550 without CD
What you required:
- You need to have a driver or software for Canon PIXMA MG5550, for the file of a driver, you can download on the link below.
- You need the USB cable to connect the printer to your computer.
- Next step, you can follow this instruction below to install Canon PIXMA MG 5550 printer for the setup file.
- The first step you need to turn on your computer and Canon MG5550 printer.
- In this step trying to do not connect a USB cable before it is suggested.
- Next, you can download, the driver of Canon PIXMA MG5550 and don’t forget to install it on your computer by following our instruction.
- You can connect the USB cable when the installation of the driver already finished.
- Follow the instructions to complete the installation process.
- When all step is finished, the Canon PIXMA MG5550 is ready to use for the printing.
Step 2: How to Setup or Install the Canon PIXMA MG5550 Driver Manually
For this step, you need to add the printer from the Windows feature.
What you required:
- You require for the software or Driver file of Canon PIXMA MG5550. You can download on the links we provided.
- You need the USB cable for PIXMA MG5550 printer.
This step how to install the driver:
- First, you need to turn on all of your devices.
- Connect the USB cable from your Canon PIXMA MG5550 printer to the computer.
- Extract the file of driver or software that you have downloaded.
- Open “Control Panel”, then click on “View devices and printers”(Windows 7, 8, 10, and Vista). For Windows XP, you can open “Fax & Printers”.
- Choose your printer and click “Add a Printer”.
- If it has been ready for the driver location, choose the path where you need to extract the setup file.
- Follow all of the instructions to finish the installation.
- When all step is finished, the Canon PIXMA MG5550 printer is ready to use on your computer.
Step 3: How to Install or Setup Canon PIXMA MG5550 Printer with CD
What you required:
- You need a CD or DVD drive for install a driver on your computer.
- The driver or software CD Disk of Canon PIXMA MG5550 that have included in the box of your printer.
- The USB Cable for connecting your printer to the computer.
Follow this instruction for installation process with CD Drive.
- The first step, turn on your computer and Canon PIXMA MG5550 printer.
- Insert CD disk to CD or DVD drive on your computer, and follow the instruction from CD.
- Do not connect the USB cable of the printer until needed.
- If installation wizard needs to plug the USB Cable, connect the USB Cable of Canon PIXMA MG5550 to the computer.
- If the USB Cable of Canon PIXMA MG5550 is detected, follow the instruction for the next process of the installation.
- When all steps are done, you will get a notification the printer is ready to use.
How To Install Canon PIXMA MG5550 Printer Driver On Linux
- A Linux-run device
- A Common Unix Printer Service (CUPS) installed on the device.
- Turn on your computer and run the CUPS.
- Go to the web-based interface.
- Open a browser and navigate to localhost: 631.
- Connect the printer.
- On the browser, go to Administration tab and select Printers.
- Select Add Printer.
- You need to enter username and password.
- Your printer (Canon MG5550) should be on the list displayed. Select it and press Continue.
- CUPS detect and add the printer.
- A configuration window will pop up, fill values as needed.
- The printer is ready to use on your computer.
How To Install Driver of Canon PIXMA MG5550 on Mac OS:
- You need the file of the driver for your printer. When you have already completed the downloading process, it will be saved in the certain folder.
- You need to double click on the downloaded driver file and mount it on the Disk Image.
- You need to double click again on the mounted Disk Image.
- For the last step, double click on the driver file. Do not worry, the installation will be started automatically.
How to Uninstall Canon PIXMA MG5550 Printer Driver
- Click on Windows button on your computer keyboard.
- Open “Control Panel”.
- Chooses for “Uninstall a Program”
- Search for the name of the printer driver you want to uninstall.
- Click on the Uninstall button.
- Wait until the process is completed.
- Open Apple Menu.
- Click System Preferences.
- Select Printers and Scanners.
- Choose a printer driver that you want to uninstall. (Select Canon MG5550 if your printer is of that type.)
- Click Remove.
- Go to Application.
- Select System Settings.
- Select Printers. Printer window will pop up.
- Locate Unlock button on the upper right section, open it.
- Enter a password.
- Then locate the Canon PIXMA MG5550 printer driver your want to uninstall. Find a minus sign under it.
- Click the minus sign.
Canon PIXMA MG5550 Wireless Setup
- Press the [Home] button (A) on the Canon PIXMA MG5550 printer.
- Use the [↑↓] Buttons (A) to select the [WLAN] icon.
- Press the left function button (B).
- When the screen appears for WLAN Select [Wireless LAN Setup] and press [OK].
- The (blue) Wi-Fi lamp (C) lights up when the wireless connection is enabled.
- Please press the [Stop/Reset] (˅) button.
- Select [Standard setup] then press the [OK] button to start the standard setup process.
- The printer will now search all available wireless networks in the immediate vicinity.
- Use the [↑↓] buttons to select the access point, that is the name (or SSID) of your network, then press the [OK] button.
- The name of your wireless network is represented here as “XXXX”.
- If you are unsure of the name of your wireless network, it may be on a printed label on your access point, or you can check the network your computer is connected to.
- If you cannot see your network listed, then press the left function button (A) to select [Search again].
- Depending on which security method your access point is using.
- Press the [OK] button on PIXMA MG5550 to enter/edit your network password.
- Enter the network password (WEP Key or Passphrase) of your wireless network, Character entry is case sensitive.
- You can enter characters when the keyboard is displayed on the printer’s LCD.
- Use the ↑↓←→ buttons (B) to select a character from the keyboard, then press the OK button to select and move to the next character.
- Repeat steps a and b to enter more characters.
- Once you have entered your network password, then press the left function button [Done]
- Your network password will be displayed. Confirm that the details you have entered are correct, If you make a mistake, press [OK] to edit the password.
- Press the left function button to [End Setup].
- When the left screen appears, press the [OK] button.
- This concludes the standard connection setup procedure.
- Please now proceed by installing the software to make the most out of your Canon PIXMA MG5550.
To download a driver or software for Canon PIXMA MG5550, just click on the links that we have provided in this table below. If find any broken link or some problem about this printer please let us know, we will fix it as soon as possibly.
|PIXMA MG5550 Full Driver & Software Package (OS X 10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10)||1.2||384 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MG5550 Full Driver & Software Package (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.1||50 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MG5550 CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.6)||184.108.40.206||17 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MG5550 CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.12/10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||220.127.116.11||16 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MG5550 MP Drivers For (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.02||26 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MG5550 XPS Printer Driver For (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)||5.70||18 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||4.5.0||58 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.6.0||102 MB||Download|
|Easy-WebPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.6.0||15 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden For Mac (OS X 10.6)||3.1.0||298 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||3.2.0||299 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||3.3.0||293 MB||Download|
|My Printer (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||3.3.0||5.6 MB||Download|
|ICA Driver For Mac (OS X 10.6)||3.3.4||3.4 MB||Download|
|ICA Driver (OS X 10.12/10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.1.3||2.2 MB||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver for Linux (Source file)||4.00||7.4 MB||Download|
|IJ Scan Utility For Mac (OS X 10.6)||2.0.12||20 MB||Download|
|IJ Scan Utility (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||2.1.6||21 MB||Download|
|Canon IJ Network Tool for Intel Mac (OS X 10.5/10.6)||4.4.1||5.3 MB||Download|
|Canon IJ Network Tool (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.6.1||5.6 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MG5550 IJ Printer Driver for Linux (Debian Packagearchive)||4.00||1.5 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MG5550 IJ Printer Driver for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)||4.00||1.6 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MG5550 ScanGear MP for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)||2.20||1.2 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MG5550 ScanGear MP for Linux (Debian Packagearchive)||2.20||1.2 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||2.6.1||2.2 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu For Mac (OS X 10.6)||2.5.0||2.4 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||2.6.1||9.2 MB||Download|
|ScanGear MP for Linux (Source file)||2.20||4.4 MB||Download|
|Setup Manual For Mac||CA.1.00||4.8 MB||Download|
|Setup Manual For Windows||CA.1.00||5.7 MB||Download|
|Troubleshooting Manual For Mac||CA.1.00||1.5 MB||Download|
|Troubleshooting Manual For Windows||CA.1.00||1.6 MB||Download|
|Printing and Copying Manual For Mac||CA.1.00||2.3 MB||Download|
|Printing and Copying Manual For Windows||CA.1.00||3 MB||Download|
|Scanning Manual For Mac||CA.1.00||2.5 MB||Download|
|Scanning Manual For Windows||CA.1.00||4.1 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MG5550 (PDF) User Manual (Windows)||1.3||14 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MG5550 (PDF) User Manual (Mac)||1.3||11 MB||Download|
|Guide for Quick Menu (Mac)||V2.6||1.1 MB||Download|
|Guide for Quick Menu (Windows)||V2.6||1.1 MB||Download|
|Guide for My Image Garden (Mac)||V3.2||11 MB||Download|
|Guide for My Image Garden (Windows)||V3.2||11 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MG5550 Getting Started Guide||V1||2.5 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MG5550 Getting Started Guide||V1||2.4 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MG5550 Setup Guide||V1||406 KB||Download|
|ScanGear MP for Linux (Operation Guide)||2.20||420 KB||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver for Linux (Operation Guide)||4.00||79 KB||Download|
|PIXMA MG5550 Printer Firmware Updater For (Mac OS X 10.12/10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7/Mac OS X 10.6)||1.0b||29 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MG5550 Printer Firmware Updater For [Windows 10/8.1/8/87/Vista/XP [32-bit & 64-bit]||1.0||29 MB||Download|
Also, update a driver: Canon PIXMA MG5350 Printer Driver and Software Download
Canon PIXMA MG5550 Printer Driver, Software and User Manual Download for Windows, Mac OS, and Linux
In this website, the owner of Canon Software Driver has listed you much more driver, software, and user manual what you need to download for Canon MG5550 printer. You don’t have to go to the official Canon site, simple way to download it, just click on the link that we have provided, and don’t forget to follow the manual instruction or you can download a user manual for your printer on this link below.