Canon PIXMA MP170 Software and Driver Download
Canon PIXMA MP170 Software and Driver Download for Windows, Mac OS, and Linux – Nowadays, we are required a compact and multitasking printer to help us to finish our job faster, right? One of them is the Canon PIXMA MP170 photo all-in-one printer. This may look quite big with beautiful devices with the dimension at 17.4 x 15 x 7.1 inches. Canon applies common styles to many Canon’s PIXMA printer in the market with the combination of black, white, gray, and sometimes silver color.
The Canon MP170 printer is geared up with a small and intuitive control panel at the front of the printer. It holds a two-lines with a 16-character mono LCD display as well as function buttons like scanning, start monochrome and color print tasks. There is also a standard paper handling with only 100 sheets. This paper drawer can handle any paper sizes up to legal size (8.5 x 14 inches). You are also allowed to directly print from memory SD cards and your compatible Canon cameras via a PictBridge port. The PIXMA MP170 is also supported with four ink cartridges including black, cyan, magenta, and yellow for vivid color print.
The prints speed offered by the Canon PIXMA MP170 is quite the same with others and it is still great. You can produce at least 22 pages per minute for monochrome prints and 17 ppm for color print. The high-definition print quality reaches up to 4,800 x 1,200 dpi resolution for color print.
Also, recommended: Canon PIXMA MP160 Software and Driver Download
Canon PIXMA MP170 Operating Systems Compatibility:
- Windows 10
- Windows 8, Windows 8.1
- Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1
- Windows Vista SP1, Vista SP2
- Windows XP SP3 32-bit
- Mac OS X version 10.2.4 to 10.4.x – macOS Sierra 10.12, and macOS High Sierra 10.13 or later
Canon PIXMA MP170 Specifications
- PG-40 Black FINE Cartridge
- CL-41 Color FINE Cartridge
Ink Droplet Size
- 2 and 5 picoliters
- Letter, Legal, Credit Card (2.13 x 3.39), 4 x 6, 5 x 7, U.S. #10 Envelopes
Output Tray Capacity
- Auto Sheet Feeder
- Plain Paper: Approx. 100 Sheets (13mm)4 x 6 Photo Paper: 20 Sheets
Copy Speed (up to)
- Black: 22 cpm (approx. 2.7 sec/page)
- Color: 17 cpm (approx. 3.6 sec/page)
Reduction / Enlargement
- 25% – 400%
- Auto Magnification, AE (Auto Exposure), Borderless
- Fit-to-Page, Image Repeat
- Contact Image Sensor (CIS), Max. Resolutions Optical:1200 x 2400 dpi
- Interpolated:19,200 x 19,200 dpi
- 48-bit internal/24-bit external
Max. Document Size
- 8.5 x 11.7
- Direct Print Port (cable not included)
Media Card Support
- CompactFlash, Micro Drive, SmartMedia, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro, SD Card, and MultiMediaCard.
The following can be used with a special adapter sold separately: xD-Picture Card, Memory Stick Duo Memory Stick Duo Pro, miniSD card.
- Windows 7, Windows XP/Me/2000/98
- Mac OS X version 10.2.4 to 10.4.x
- USB 2.0 Hi-Speed (cable not included)
- CD-ROM including MP Driver, MP Navigator, Setup Software and User’s Guide, Electronic Photo Application Guide, Electronic User’s Guide, e-registration, ScanSoft OmniPage SE, ArcSoft PhotoStudio, Easy-PhotoPrint 3.3, and Easy-WebPrint (Windows only)
- 120V AC, 60Hz
Dimension (W x D x H)
- 17.5 x 15.0 x 7.2
- 12.3 lbs
- Toll-free technical phone support plus 1-year limited warranty with InstantExchange program.
Step 1: How to Setup or Install the Canon PIXMA MP170 Driver
This step tells you about to install Canon PIXMA MP170 without CD
What you required:
- You need to have a driver or software for Canon PIXMA MP170, for the file of a driver, you can download on the link below.
- You need the USB cable to connect the printer to your computer.
- Next step, you can follow this instruction below to install Canon PIXMA MP 170 printer for the setup file.
- The first step you need to turn on your computer and Canon MP170 printer.
- In this step trying to do not connect a USB cable before it is suggested.
- Next, you can download, the driver of Canon PIXMA MP170 and don’t forget to install it on your computer by following our instruction.
- You can connect the USB cable when the installation of the driver already finished.
- Follow the instructions to complete the installation process.
- When all step is finished, the Canon PIXMA MP170 is ready to use for the printing.
Step 2: How to Setup or Install the Canon PIXMA MP170 Driver Manually
For this step, you need to add the printer from the Windows feature.
- You require the software or Driver file of Canon PIXMA MP170. You can download a driver on the links we provided.
- You need the USB cable for PIXMA MP170 printer.
This step how to install the driver:
- First, you need to turn on all of your devices.
- Connect the USB cable from your Canon PIXMA MP170 printer to the computer.
- Extract the file of driver or software that you have downloaded.
- Open “Control Panel”, then click on “View devices and printers”(Windows 7, 8, 10, and Vista). For Windows XP, you can open “Fax & Printers”.
- Choose your printer and click “Add a Printer”.
- If it has been ready for the driver location, choose the path where you need to extract the setup file.
- Follow all of the instructions to finish the installation.
- When all step is finished, the Canon PIXMA MP170 printer is ready to use on your computer.
What you required:
- You need a CD or DVD drive to install a driver on your computer.
- The driver or software CD Disk of Canon PIXMA MP170 that have included in the box of your printer.
- The USB Cable for connecting your printer to the computer.
Follow this instruction for installation process with CD Drive.
- The first step, turn on your computer and Canon PIXMA MP170 printer.
- Insert CD disk to CD or DVD drive on your computer, and follow the instruction from CD.
- Do not connect the USB cable to the printer until needed.
- If installation wizard needs to plug the USB Cable, connect the USB Cable of Canon PIXMA MP170 to the computer.
- If the USB Cable of Canon PIXMA MP170 is detected, follow the instructions for the next process of the installation.
- When all steps are done, you will get a notification the printer is ready to use.
How To Install Canon PIXMA MP170 Printer Driver On Linux:
- A Linux-run device
- A Common Unix Printer Service (CUPS) installed on the device.
- Turn on your computer and run the CUPS.
- Go to the web-based interface.
- Open a browser and navigate to localhost: 631.
- Connect the printer.
- On the browser, go to Administration tab and select Printers.
- Select Add Printer.
- You need to enter username and password.
- Your printer (Canon MP170) should be on the list displayed. Select it and press Continue.
- CUPS detect and add the printer.
- A configuration window will pop up, fill values as needed.
- The printer is ready to use on your computer.
How To Install Driver of Canon PIXMA MP170 on Mac OS:
- You need the file of the driver for your printer. When you have already completed the downloading process, it will be saved in the certain folder.
- You need to double-click on the downloaded driver file and mount it on the Disk Image.
- You need to double-click again on the mounted Disk Image.
- For the last step, double-click on the driver file. Do not worry, the installation will be started automatically.
How to Uninstall Canon PIXMA MP170 Printer Driver:
- Click on Windows button on your computer keyboard.
- Open “Control Panel”.
- Chooses for “Uninstall a Program”
- Search for the name of the printer driver you want to uninstall.
- Click the Uninstall button.
- Wait until the process is completed.
- Open Apple Menu.
- Click System Preferences.
- Select Printers and Scanners.
- Choose a printer driver that you want to uninstall. (Select Canon MP170 if your printer is of that type).
- Click Remove.
- Go to Application.
- Select System Settings.
- Select Printers. Printer window will pop up.
- Locate Unlock button on the upper right section, open it.
- Enter a password.
- Then locate the Canon PIXMA MP170 printer driver you want to uninstall. Find a minus sign on it.
- Click the minus sign.
To download a driver or software for Canon PIXMA MP170, just click on the links that we have provided in this table below. If find any broken link or some problem with this printer please let us know, we will fix it as soon as possible.
|PIXMA MP170 CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7)||10.51.2.0||11 MB||Download|
|MP170 MP Driver (Windows 7 x64)||1.11||15.16 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MP170 Scanner Driver (Mac OS X 10.2/10.3/10.4/10.5/10.6/10.7)||12.13.3||13 MB||Download|
|My Printer (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||3.3.0||5.6 MB||Download|
|Easy-WebPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||4.7.0||58 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows XP x64)||4.7.0||58 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||4.5.0||58 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows XP x64)||4.5.0||58 MB||Download|
|My Printer (Windows 2000 (32-bit)||2.9.5||2.7 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 2000 (32-bit)||3.2.0||43 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.7.0||102 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.6.0||102 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.4/10.5/10.6)||4.1.6||102 MB||Download|
|MP Navigator (Mac OS X 10.2/10.3/10.4/10.5/10.6/10.7)||2.0.7||13 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MP170 On-screen Manual (Mac OS X 10.2/10.3/10.4/10.5/10.6/10.7)||1.00a||16 MB||Download|
Also, update a driver: Canon PIXMA MP150 Printer Driver Free Download
Canon PIXMA MP170 Software and Driver Download for Windows, Mac OS, and Linux
In this website, the owner of canonsoftwaredriver.com has listed you much more driver, software, and user manual what you need to download for Canon MP170 printer. You don’t have to go to the official Canon site, simple way to download it, just click on the link that we have provided, and don’t forget to follow the manual instruction or you can download a user manual for your printer on this link below.