Canon PIXMA MP492 Software and Driver Download
Canon PIXMA MP492 Software and Driver Download for Windows, Mac OS, and Linux – Canon with Canon PIXMA MP492 will provide only the best output. This is the key feature that makes this printer as a notable option that will work to produce a quality printing result. Although it has an advanced technology to bring only the best printing result with high resolution, it doesn’t perform very well with the printing speed. It will only print with the average speed which is supposed to meet personal use.
This printer is the option that will features LCD to bring the ease of use. Everything needed to operate this printer can be found on its 1.8” LCD. This printer will also feature multifunction. It will not only support printing but also be scanning and copying. All those features are packed into this printer to make it one of the best options to help you complete a different task using only Canon MP492 printer.
One important thing about this printer is found in the quality of its printing function. The technology in this printer will support the ability to print the document with the quality of 4,800 x 1,200 dpi resolution. Since it will not print a lot of paper at a very fast speed, the capacity of 100 sheets of paper will be enough to support Canon PIXMA MP492.
Also, recommended: Canon PIXMA MP490 Software and Driver Download
Canon PIXMA MP492 Operating Systems Compatibility:
- Windows 10
- Windows 8, Windows 8.1
- Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1
- Windows Vista SP1, Vista SP2
- Windows XP SP3 32-bit
- Mac OS X v10.3.9 to v10.5.x – macOS Sierra 10.12, and macOS High Sierra 10.13 or later
Canon PIXMA MP492 Specifications
|Print Speed (up to)||4 x 6 borderless photo: approx. 43 seconds
ESAT Black: Approx. 8.4 ipm
ESAT Color: Approx. 4.8 ipm
|Number of Nozzles||Black: 320
|Picoliter Size (color)||2 and 5|
|Print Resolution (Up to)||Black: 600 x 600 dpi
Color: 4800 x 1200 dpi
|Paper Sizes||4 x 6, 5 x 7, 8 x 10, Letter, Legal, U.S. #10 envelopes|
|Printer Features||Auto Photo Fix II, Borderless Printing, Document Printing, Photo Printing, Photo Index Sheet, Template Print|
|Copy Speed (up to)||FCOT Color: Approx. 37 seconds|
|Reduction / Enlargement||25% – 400%|
|Copy Features||AE (Auto Exposure/Intensity) Copy, Borderless, Fit-to-Page, Frame Erase Copy, Intensity, Multiple Copy (1-99 pages)|
|Image Sensor (CIS)|
|Max. Resolutions||Optical:1200 x 2400 dpi
Interpolated:19,200 x 19,200 dpi
Auto Scan Mode, Gutter Shadow Correction, Push Scan, Scan to Memory
|Color Depth||48-bit internal/24-bit external|
|Max. Document Size||8.5 x 11.7|
|Other Features||1.8 LCD, Auto Sheet Feeder, Dual Color Gamut Processing Technology, Quick Start, Self-Opening Output Tray|
|OS Compatibility||Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP/2000 and Mac OS X v10.3.9 to v10.5.x|
|Standard Interface||Card Slots, USB 2.0 Hi-Speed|
|Software Included||Setup Software & User’s Guide CD-ROM, MP492 Printer Driver, Easy-PhotoPrint EX, MP Navigator EX, Solution Menu, EasyWeb-Print (Windows only)|
|Dimension (W x D x H)||17.5 W x 13.1D x 6.1 H|
|Warranty||1- year limited warranty with InstantExchange program. 1-Year Toll-free technical phone support|
Step 1: How to Setup or Install the Canon PIXMA MP492 Driver
This step tells you about to install Canon PIXMA MP492 without CD
What you required:
- You need to have a driver or software for Canon PIXMA MP492, for the file of a driver, you can download on the link below.
- You need the USB cable to connect the printer to your computer.
- Next step, you can follow this instruction below to install Canon PIXMA MP 492 printer for the setup file.
- The first step you need to turn on your computer and Canon MP492 printer.
- In this step trying to do not connect a USB cable before it is suggested.
- Next, you can download, the driver of Canon PIXMA MP492 and don’t forget to install it on your computer by following our instruction.
- You can connect the USB cable when the installation of the driver already finished.
- Follow the instructions to complete the installation process.
- When all step is finished, the Canon PIXMA MP492 is ready to use for the printing.
Step 2: How to Setup or Install the Canon PIXMA MP492 Driver Manually
For this step, you need to add the printer from the Windows feature.
- You require the software or Driver file of Canon PIXMA MP492. You can download a driver on the links we provided.
- You need the USB cable for PIXMA MP492 printer.
This step how to install the driver:
- First, you need to turn on all of your devices.
- Connect the USB cable from your Canon PIXMA MP492 printer to the computer.
- Extract the file of driver or software that you have downloaded.
- Open “Control Panel”, then click on “View devices and printers”(Windows 7, 8, 10, and Vista). For Windows XP, you can open “Fax & Printers”.
- Choose your printer and click “Add a Printer”.
- If it has been ready for the driver location, choose the path where you need to extract the setup file.
- Follow all of the instructions to finish the installation.
- When all step is finished, the Canon PIXMA MP492 printer is ready to use on your computer.
What you required:
- You need a CD or DVD drive to install a driver on your computer.
- The driver or software CD Disk of Canon PIXMA MP492 that have included in the box of your printer.
- The USB Cable for connecting your printer to the computer.
Follow this instruction for installation process with CD Drive.
- The first step, turn on your computer and Canon PIXMA MP492 printer.
- Insert CD disk to CD or DVD drive on your computer, and follow the instruction from CD.
- Do not connect the USB cable to the printer until needed.
- If installation wizard needs to plug the USB Cable, connect the USB Cable of Canon PIXMA MP492 to the computer.
- If the USB Cable of Canon PIXMA MP492 is detected, follow the instructions for the next process of the installation.
- When all steps are done, you will get a notification the printer is ready to use.
How To Install Canon PIXMA MP492 Printer Driver On Linux:
- A Linux-run device
- A Common Unix Printer Service (CUPS) installed on the device.
- Turn on your computer and run the CUPS.
- Go to the web-based interface.
- Open a browser and navigate to localhost: 631.
- Connect the printer.
- On the browser, go to Administration tab and select Printers.
- Select Add Printer.
- You need to enter username and password.
- Your printer (Canon MP492) should be on the list displayed. Select it and press Continue.
- CUPS detect and add the printer.
- A configuration window will pop up, fill values as needed.
- The printer is ready to use on your computer.
How To Install Driver of Canon PIXMA MP492 on Mac OS:
- You need the file of the driver for your printer. When you have already completed the downloading process, it will be saved in the certain folder.
- You need to double-click on the downloaded driver file and mount it on the Disk Image.
- You need to double-click again on the mounted Disk Image.
- For the last step, double-click on the driver file. Do not worry, the installation will be started automatically.
How to Uninstall Canon PIXMA MP492 Printer Driver:
- Click on Windows button on your computer keyboard.
- Open “Control Panel”.
- Chooses for “Uninstall a Program”
- Search for the name of the printer driver you want to uninstall.
- Click the Uninstall button.
- Wait until the process is completed.
- Open Apple Menu.
- Click System Preferences.
- Select Printers and Scanners.
- Choose a printer driver that you want to uninstall. (Select Canon MP492 if your printer is of that type).
- Click Remove.
- Go to Application.
- Select System Settings.
- Select Printers. Printer window will pop up.
- Locate Unlock button on the upper right section, open it.
- Enter a password.
- Then locate the Canon PIXMA MP492 printer driver you want to uninstall. Find a minus sign on it.
- Click the minus sign.
To download a driver or software for Canon PIXMA MP492, just click on the links that we have provided in this table below. If find any broken link or some problem with this printer please let us know, we will fix it as soon as possible.
|PIXMA MP492 series CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.5/10.6)||126.96.36.199||17 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MP492 series MP Driver (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.05||20 MB||Download|
|MP Navigator EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP/2000)||3.06||48 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MP492 series MP Driver (Windows XP x64)||1.05||13 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MP492 series MP Driver (Windows 2000)||1.04||20 MB||Download|
|My Printer (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||3.3.0||5.6 MB||Download|
|Easy-WebPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.7.0||15 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||4.7.0||58 MB||Download|
|Windows Adobe RGB 1998 Installer Program (Windows 8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP/XP x64/2000/Me)||1.4.1||329 KB||Download|
|My Image Garden (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)||3.5.0||294 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (Windows XP (32-bit)||3.3.1||293 MB||Download|
|Easy-WebPrint EX (Windows XP x64)||1.7.0||15 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows XP x64)||4.7.0||58 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||4.5.0||58 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.6)||3.1.0||298 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows XP x64)||4.5.0||58 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MP492 Solution Menu (Windows 8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP/2000)||1.4.3||1.7 MB||Download|
|My Printer (Windows 2000)||2.9.5||2.7 MB||Download|
|MP Navigator EX (Windows XP x64)||3.05||46 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (Windows 2000)||3.2.0||43 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MP492 series CUPS Printer Driver (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||188.8.131.52||16 MB||Download|
|ICA Driver (OS X 10.6)||3.3.4||8.6 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MP492 series Scanner Driver (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/10.7/10.6/Mac OS X 10.5)||15.5.2a||12 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MP492 ICA Driver (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.0.0||7.1 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MP492 IJ Scan Utility Lite (OS X 10.11)||2.3.0||22 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.7.0||102 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/Mac OS X 10.8)||3.5.0||300 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.7)||3.2.0||299 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.11/10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||4.6.0||102 MB||Download|
|MP Navigator EX 3.0 Opener (OS X 10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||1.0.0a||2.1 MB||Download|
|MP Navigator EX (OS X 10.10/10.9/10.8/Mac OS X 10.7)||3.0.6||29 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.6)||3.1.0||298 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MP492 Solution Menu (OS X 10.3/10.4/10.5/10.6)||1.4.1||711 KB||Download|
|PIXMA MP492 Solution Menu (OS X 10.7/10.8/10.9/10.10)||1.4.1a||2.2 MB||Download|
|Easy-WebPrint EX (Mac OS X 10.5/10.6)||1.1.0||9.8 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX (OS X 10.4/10.5/10.6)||4.1.6||102 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MP492 MP Navigator EX (OS X 10.2/10.3/10.4/10.5/10.6)||3.0.5||29 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MP492 MP Navigator EX 3.0 Opener (OS X 10.6)||1.0.0||222 KB||Download|
|My Image Garden (OS X 10.6)||1.0.0||289 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MP492 series User Manual (Windows)||1.00||13 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MP492 series User Manual (Mac)||1.10||28 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MP492 Guide for My Image Garden (Mac)||V3.2||11 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MP492 Guide for My Image Garden (Windows)||V3.2||11 MB||Download|
Also, update a driver: Canon PIXMA MP480 Software and Driver Download
Canon PIXMA MP492 Software and Driver Download for Windows, Mac OS, and Linux
In this website, the owner of canonsoftwaredriver.com has listed you much more driver, software, and user manual what you need to download for Canon MP492 printer. You don’t have to go to the official Canon site, simple way to download it, just click on the link that we have provided, and don’t forget to follow the manual instruction or you can download a user manual for your printer on this link below.