Canon PIXMA MP980 Software and Driver Download
Canon PIXMA MP980 Software and Driver Download for Windows, Mac OS, and Linux – Canon PIXMA MP980 is the excellent printer to give excellent printing result. This printer has supported 6-individual ink tank, and there is gray as the additional ink color. This feature is used to provide more vibrant colors in printing photos or pictures. With the tiny ink droplets, it can also offer better printing results with better coverage, so its sharpness and clarity can be enhanced.
Moreover, Canon PIXMA MP980 provides easy access for its users. When users want to print without PC, users can print directly from memory card. There is the slot for memory card provided in this printer. Of course, this can save time since users do not need to worry about connecting the PC and transferring the file. They can print directly, and the process can handle and monitored from its available display. If it is still not enough, this printer also supports wireless printing, so printing remotely is very possible to do as long as the device is connected to its wireless connection of the printer.
For its performance, Canon PIXMA MP980 can provide good printing speed. Its printing speed is up to 26 pages per minute for mono printing. Then, for color printing, its rate is up to 21 pages per minute. It means that printing a page of paper can be done in around 2 seconds. Moreover, this device can also work as copier and scanner, so duplicating and scanning documents are done easily from this device.
Also, recommended: Canon PIXMA MP970 Driver Download
Canon PIXMA MP980 Operating Systems Compatibility:
- Windows 10
- Windows 8, Windows 8.1
- Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1
- Windows Vista SP1, Vista SP2
- Windows XP SP3 32-bit
- Mac OS X v. 10.3.9 to 10.5x – macOS Sierra 10.12, and macOS High Sierra 10.13 or later
Canon PIXMA MP980 Specifications
|Print Speed (up to)||4 x 6 borderless photo: approximately 20 seconds
Black: Up to 26 ppm (as fast as 2.3 seconds per page)
Color: Up to 21 ppm (as fast as 2.9 seconds per page)
|Number of Nozzles||Black: 512
|Picoliter Size (color)||Picoliter Size:1, 2 and 5|
|Print Resolution (Up to)||Black:600 x 600 dpi
Color:9600 x 2400 dpi
|Paper Sizes||Letter, Legal, 4 x 6, 5 x 7, 8 x 10, U.S. #10 Envelopes|
|Automatic Sheet Feeder||
150 Pages (Cassette:150 pages)
|Copy Speed (up to)||Black: Up to 24 cpm (as fast as 2.5 seconds per page)
Color: Up to 19 cpm (as fast as 3.2 seconds per page)
|Reduction / Enlargement||25%-400%|
|Copy Features||4 in 1 / 2 in 1, Auto Duplex Copy, Auto Exposure/Intensity Copy, Continuous Copy, Face Brightener/ Fading Correction, Film Copy, Fit-to-Page, Image Repeat, Manual Color Adjustment, Masking Copy, Multiple Copy: 1-99 Pages, Photo Reprint, Preset Copy Ratios, Trimming Copy, Zoom|
|Scanning Element||Charged-Coupled Device (CCD)|
|Max. Resolutions||Optical:4800 x 9600 dpi
Interpolated:19,200 x 19,200 dpi
|Scanner Features||Auto Scan Mode8, Film Scan, Gutter Shadow Correction, Network Scan, Push Scan, Scan to Memory, White LED|
|Color Depth||48-bit internal/24-bit external|
|Max. Document Size||Print: 8.5 x 11.7|
|Media Card Support||SD Memory Card, SDHC MultiMedia Card Card, (v4.1), MultiMediaCard Plus (v4.1), miniSD Card, miniSDHC, microSD Card, microSDHC, RS-MMC (v4.1), Compact Flash Card, Microdrive, Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro Memory Stick Duo, Memory Stick PRO Duo, Memory Stick Micro, xD-Picture Card, xD-Picture Card Type M, xD-Picture Card Type H|
|Other Features||Auto Duplex Print, Auto Photo Fix, Borderless Printing, Calendar Print, Direct Print, Document Printing, Grayscale Printing, ID Photo Print, Photo Index Sheet, Photo Printing, Template Print, 1.8 LCD, Dual Color Gamut Processing Technology, PictBridge, Quick Start, Self Opening Tray|
|OS Compatibility||Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP/2000 and Mac OS X v. 10.3.9 to 10.5x|
|Standard Interface||Wireless LAN (IEEE802.11b/g), (Compatible with IEEE 802.11n), Bluetooth v2.0 (Optional), Card Slots, Ethernet, IrDA IR, PictBridge, USB 2.0 Hi-Speed|
|Software Included||Included in the box: Setup Software & User’s Guide CD-ROM, PIXMA MP980 Printer Driver, Easy-PhotoPrint EX, Easy-PhotoPrint Pro, MP Navigator EX, ArcSoft PhotoStudio, Solution Menu|
|Dimension (W x D x H)||18.5 x 15.2 x 7.9|
|Warranty||1 year limited warranty with InstantExchange program. 1-year toll-free technical phone support|
Step 1: How to Setup or Install the Canon PIXMA MP980 Driver
This step tells you about to install Canon PIXMA MP980 without CD
What you required:
- You need to have a driver or software for Canon PIXMA MP980, for the file of a driver, you can download on the link below.
- You need the USB cable to connect the printer to your computer.
- Next step, you can follow this instruction below to install Canon PIXMA MP 980 printer for the setup file.
- The first step you need to turn on your computer and Canon MP980 printer.
- In this step trying to do not connect a USB cable before it is suggested.
- Next, you can download, the driver of Canon PIXMA MP980 and don’t forget to install it on your computer by following our instruction.
- You can connect the USB cable when the installation of the driver already finished.
- Follow the instructions to complete the installation process.
- When all step is finished, the Canon PIXMA MP980 is ready to use for the printing.
Step 2: How to Setup or Install the Canon PIXMA MP980 Driver Manually
For this step, you need to add the printer from the Windows feature.
- You require the software or Driver file of Canon PIXMA MP980. You can download a driver on the links we provided.
- You need the USB cable for PIXMA MP980 printer.
This step how to install the driver:
- First, you need to turn on all of your devices.
- Connect the USB cable from your Canon PIXMA MP980 printer to the computer.
- Extract the file of driver or software that you have downloaded.
- Open “Control Panel”, then click on “View devices and printers”(Windows 7, 8, 10, and Vista). For Windows XP, you can open “Fax & Printers”.
- Choose your printer and click “Add a Printer”.
- If it has been ready for the driver location, choose the path where you need to extract the setup file.
- Follow all of the instructions to finish the installation.
- When all step is finished, the Canon PIXMA MP980 printer is ready to use on your computer.
What you required:
- You need a CD or DVD drive to install a driver on your computer.
- The driver or software CD Disk of Canon PIXMA MP980 that have included in the box of your printer.
- The USB Cable for connecting your printer to the computer.
Follow this instruction for installation process with CD Drive.
- The first step, turn on your computer and Canon PIXMA MP980 printer.
- Insert CD disk to CD or DVD drive on your computer, and follow the instruction from CD.
- Do not connect the USB cable to the printer until needed.
- If installation wizard needs to plug the USB Cable, connect the USB Cable of Canon PIXMA MP980 to the computer.
- If the USB Cable of Canon PIXMA MP980 is detected, follow the instructions for the next process of the installation.
- When all steps are done, you will get a notification the printer is ready to use.
How To Install Canon PIXMA MP980 Printer Driver On Linux:
- A Linux-run device
- A Common Unix Printer Service (CUPS) installed on the device.
- Turn on your computer and run the CUPS.
- Go to the web-based interface.
- Open a browser and navigate to localhost: 631.
- Connect the printer.
- On the browser, go to Administration tab and select Printers.
- Select Add Printer.
- You need to enter username and password.
- Your printer (Canon MP980) should be on the list displayed. Select it and press Continue.
- CUPS detect and add the printer.
- A configuration window will pop up, fill values as needed.
- The printer is ready to use on your computer.
How To Install Driver of Canon PIXMA MP980 on Mac OS:
- You need the file of the driver for your printer. When you have already completed the downloading process, it will be saved in the certain folder.
- You need to double-click on the downloaded driver file and mount it on the Disk Image.
- You need to double-click again on the mounted Disk Image.
- For the last step, double-click on the driver file. Do not worry, the installation will be started automatically.
How to Uninstall Canon PIXMA MP980 Printer Driver:
- Click on Windows button on your computer keyboard.
- Open “Control Panel”.
- Chooses for “Uninstall a Program”
- Search for the name of the printer driver you want to uninstall.
- Click the Uninstall button.
- Wait until the process is completed.
- Open Apple Menu.
- Click System Preferences.
- Select Printers and Scanners.
- Choose a printer driver that you want to uninstall. (Select Canon MP980 if your printer is of that type).
- Click Remove.
- Go to Application.
- Select System Settings.
- Select Printers. Printer window will pop up.
- Locate Unlock button on the upper right section, open it.
- Enter a password.
- Then locate the Canon PIXMA MP980 printer driver you want to uninstall. Find a minus sign on it.
- Click the minus sign.
To download a driver or software for Canon PIXMA MP980, just click on the links that we have provided in this table below. If find any broken link or some problem with this printer please let us know, we will fix it as soon as possible.
|PIXMA MP980 series Mini Master Setup (Windows 8.1 x64/8 x64/7 x64/Vista64)||1.04||42 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MP980 series Mini Master Setup (Windows 8.1/8/7/Vista/XP/2000)||1.04||42 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MP980 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver. 10.84.2.0 (OS X 10.5/10.6)||10.84.2.0a||15 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MP980 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver. 10.84.2.0 (OS X 10.7/10.8/10.9)||10.84.2.0a||14 MB||Download|
|ICA Driver Ver. 3.1.0 (OS X 10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9)||3.1.0a||8.5 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MP980 series MP Driver Ver. 1.03 (Windows 8.1/8/7/Vista/XP/2000)||1.03||27 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MP980 series MP Driver Ver. 1.03 (Windows 8.1 x64/8 x64/7 x64/Vista x64)||1.03||27 MB||Download|
|MP Drivers XP x64||1.03||16 MB||Download|
|MP Drivers for Network (OS X 10.3/10.4/10.5/10.6)||1.00||40 MB||Download|
|MP Drivers 64 bit (Windows 7/Vista/XP)||1.01||27 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MP980 series Scanner Driver Ver. 14.11.4a (OS X 10.5/10.6/10.7/10.8/10.9)||14.11.4b||14 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MP980 series XPS Printer Driver Ver. 5.28 (Windows 8.1/8/7/Vista)||5.28||9.8 MB||Download|
|PIXMA MP980 series XPS Printer Driver Ver. 5.28 (Windows 8.1 x64/8 x64/7 x64/Vista64)||5.28||11 MB||Download|
|Canon Inkjet Printer Driver Add-On Module (Windows 7)||2||30 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX Ver.4.7.2 (Mac)||4.7.2||102 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden Ver.3.6.2 (Mac)||3.6.2||300 MB||Download|
|Easy-WebPrint EX Ver.1.7.0 (Windows)||1.7.0||15 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX Ver.4.7.0 (Windows)||4.7.0||58 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden Ver.3.6.1 (Windows)||3.6.1||294 MB||Download|
|Canon IJ Network Tool Ver. 4.4.1 for Intel Mac (OS X 10.5/10.6)||4.4.1a||5.3 MB||Download|
|Guide for My Image Garden (Mac)||V3.6||2.9 MB||Download|
|Guide for My Image Garden (Windows)||V3.6||2.9 MB||Download|
|Guide for Canon IJ Network Tool (Windows)||1.00||803 KB||Download|
Also, update a driver: Canon PIXMA MP830 Driver Download
Canon PIXMA MP980 Software and Driver Download for Windows, Mac OS, and Linux
In this website, the owner of canonsoftwaredriver.com has listed you much more driver, software, and user manual what you need to download for Canon MP980 printer. You don’t have to go to the official Canon site, simple way to download it, just click on the link that we have provided, and don’t forget to follow the manual instruction or you can download a user manual for your printer on this link below.