Canon PIXMA TR4540 Printer Driver
Canon PIXMA TR4540 Driver for Windows, Mac OS, and Linux – Canon PIXMA TR4540 comes with complete functions such as Cloud Link, fax, scan, copy, print, and wireless services. The printer has a maximum printing resolution of 4800 x 1200 dpi. It works with a print technology consisting of 2 FINE cartridges. It works at a maximum speed of 8.8 pages per minute in black and white and 4.4 pages per minute in color. Printing a borderless 10 x 15 cm photo takes about 65 seconds. It features an automatic duplex printing that works with plain paper in sizes of LTR and A4.
Canon PIXMA TR4540 comes with a flatbed scanner fitted with an automatic document feeder. The scanner has a maximum optical resolution of 600 x 1200 dpi. It also is equipped with a copier that delivers its first copy in 27 seconds. The copier works at a maximum speed of 2.7 pages per minute. The copier features functions such as Document Copying, Borderless copy, 2-sided copy, 2-on-1 and 4-on-1 copy, Frame erase copy, Collated copy (ADF only), and ID copy.
Canon PIXMA TR4540 is also equipped with a fax machine compatible with Super G3. The fax machine has a maximum resolution of 300 x 300 dpi. Interfaces the unit uses include a High Speed USB port, a Wi-Fi connection, and a Wireless LAN.
Also, recommended: Canon PIXMA G4400 Driver
Canon PIXMA TR4540 Operating Systems Compatibility:
- Windows 10
- Windows 8, Windows 8.1
- Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1
- Windows Vista SP1, Vista SP2
- Windows XP SP3 32-bit
- Mac OS X v10.10.5 – macOS v10.12 (Sierra), and macOS v10.13 (High Sierra) or later
Canon PIXMA TR4540 Specifications
|Print Speed (up to)||4 x 6 Photo: Approx. 70.0 Seconds (Borderless)|
Black: ESAT Approx. 8.8 ipm
Color: ESAT Approx. 4.4 ipm
|Number of Nozzles||Color: 960 / Pigment Black: 320 / Total: 1,280|
|Print Resolution (Up to)||Up to 4800 x 1200 dpi|
|Ink Compatibility||INK TYPE|
PG-445/PG-443 Pigment Black Ink
CL-446/CL-444 Dye Based InksINK TANK & FILL VOLUME
PG-445 Black 8.9 ml (Std.) | 12.0 ml (XL)
CL-446 Color 9.0 ml (Std.) | 13.0 ml (XL)
PG-443 Black 5.6 ml
CL-444 Color 6.2 ml
|Paper Sizes||4 x 6, 5 x 7, 8 x 10, Letter, Legal, U.S. #10 Envelopes|
|Paper Compatibility||Plain: Plain Paper, Canon High-Resolution Paper;|
Super High Gloss: Photo Paper Pro Platinum;
Glossy: Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Glossy;
Semi-Gloss: Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss, Photo Paper Pro Luster;
Matte: Matte Photo Paper
Other: Greeting Cards, T-Shirt Transfers, U.S. #10 Envelopes
|Printer Features||AirPrint, Auto 2-Sided (Duplex) Printing, Borderless Printing, Canon PRINT app, Document Printing, Easy-PhotoPrint Editor Software/app, Google Cloud Print, Greeting Cards, Message In Print, Mopria Print Service, Photo Printing, PIXMA Cloud Link, Template Print, Wireless Printing|
|Paper Handling||Front Paper Cassette: 100 Sheets of Plain Paper OR 20 Sheets of 4 x 6 / 10 Sheets of 5 x 7 Photo Paper|
|Copy Speed (up to)||FCOT (Color): Approx. 27 seconds|
|Document Feeder||Capacity: 20 Sheets of Plain Paper / 5 Sheets of Legal Size Paper|
|Copy Features||4-on-1/2-on-1 Copy, Auto Document Feeder (ADF), Auto Exposure (AE) Copy, Borderless Copy, Collated Copy (ADF Only), Document Removal Reminder, Fit-to-Page, Frame Erase Copy (Flatbed Only), ID Card Copy, Multiple Copy (Up To 99 Pages), Preset Copy Ratio, Reduction/Enlargement (25% – 400%), Standard Copy, Two-Sided Copy|
|Scanner Type||Flatbed & ADF (Auto Document Feeder)|
|Scanning Element||Contact Image Sensor (CIS)|
|Max. Resolutions||Optical:Flatbed: 600 x 1200 dpi (Optical)|
ADF: 600 x 600 dpi (Optical)
|Scanner Features||Auto Document Feeder (ADF), Auto Scan Mode, Document Removal Reminder, Save to PC, Scan to Canon PRINT App, Multi-Page PDF, Wireless Scanning|
|Color Depth||16-bit Internal (Per RGB Channel)|
8-bit External (Per RGB Channel)
|Max. Document Size|
Flatbed: 8.5 x 11.7 (Letter/A4)
ADF: 8.5 x 14.0 (Legal)
|Modem Speed||Up to 33.6 Kbps (Super G3 Color Fax)|
|Transmission Speed (approx.)||Black: Approx. 3 Seconds per Page|
Color: Approx. 60 Seconds (1 Minute) per Page
|Memory Capacity||Approx. 50 Pages|
|Group Dialing||19 Locations|
Answering Machine Connectivity, Caller Rejection, Check RX Fax Info., Dial Search, Double Sided Printing (Fax Images), Extra Fine Mode, Fax Reception Reject, Fax Number Re-Entry, Memory Transmission, Redial, Remote Reception
|Other Features||Full Dot Matrix LCD, Auto Power On/Off, Canon PRINT app, CREATIVE PARK PREMIUM, Document Removal Reminder, Energy Star Certified, FINE (Full-photolithography Inkjet Nozzle Engineering) Cartridge, Hybrid Ink System, PIXMA Cloud Link, Quiet Mode, Wireless Connect|
|OS Compatibility||Windows: Windows 10, Windows 8.1, Windows 7 SP1|
Mac: Mac OS X v10.10.5 – macOS v10.13 (High Sierra)
Mobile Operating Systems: iOS, Android, Windows 10 Mobile, and Fire OS (Amazon Fire) devices
|Standard Interface||Hi-Speed USB|
Wi-Fi (802.11b/g/n wireless networking, 2.4 GHz)
PIXMA TR4540 Wireless Office All-In-One Printer Driver
Scan Utility (Win/Mac) / Scan Utility Lite (Mac Only)
Easy-PhotoPrint Editor Software
My Printer (Windows Only)
|Dimension (W x D x H)||(Closed) 17.2 (W) x 11.7 (D) x 7.5 (H)|
17.2 (W) x 16.2 (D) x 7.5 (H)
|Warranty||1-Year Limited Warranty with InstantExchange Program.|
|SMART ASSISTANT & AUTOMATION SUPPORT||Amazon Alexa (Native Support)|
Google Assistant (Using IFTTT)
IFTTT (IF This Then That) Support
|MOBILE APPS (iOS/ ANDROID)||Canon PRINT app|
Easy-PhotoPrint Editor app
Message In Print app
Step 1: How to Setup or Install the Canon PIXMA TR4540 Driver
This step tells you about to install Canon PIXMA TR4540 without CD
What you required:
- You need to have a driver or software for Canon PIXMA TR4540, for the file of a driver, you can download on the link below.
- You need the USB cable to connect the printer to your computer.
- Next step, you can follow this instruction below to install Canon PIXMA TR4540 printers for the setup file.
- The first step you need to turn on your computer and Canon TR4540 printer.
- In this step trying to do not connect a USB cable before it is suggested.
- Next, you can download, the driver of Canon PIXMA TR4540 and don’t forget to install it on your computer by following our instruction.
- You can connect the USB cable when the installation of the driver already finished.
- Follow the instructions to complete the installation process.
- When all step is finished, the Canon PIXMA TR4540 is ready to use for the printing.
Step 2: How to Setup or Install the Canon PIXMA TR4540 Driver Manually
For this step, you need to add the printer from the Windows feature.
- You require the software or Driver file of Canon PIXMA TR4540. You can download a driver on the links we provided.
- You need the USB cable for PIXMA TR4540 printer.
This step how to install the driver:
- First, you need to turn on all of your devices.
- Connect the USB cable from your Canon PIXMA TR4540 printer to the computer.
- Extract the file of driver or software that you have downloaded.
- Open “Control Panel”, then click on “View devices and printers”(Windows 7, 8, 10, and Vista). For Windows XP, you can open “Fax & Printers”.
- Choose your printer and click “Add a Printer”.
- If it has been ready for the driver location, choose the path where you need to extract the setup file.
- Follow all of the instructions to finish the installation.
- When all step is finished, the Canon PIXMA TR4540 printer is ready to use on your computer.
What you required:
- You need a CD or DVD drive to install a driver on your computer.
- The driver or software CD Disk of Canon PIXMA TR4540 that have included in the box of your printer.
- The USB Cable for connecting your printer to the computer.
Follow this instruction for installation process with CD Drive.
- The first step, turn on your computer and Canon PIXMA TR4540 printer.
- Insert CD disk to CD or DVD drive on your computer, and follow the instruction from CD.
- Do not connect the USB cable to the printer until needed.
- If installation wizard needs to plug the USB Cable, connect the USB Cable of Canon PIXMA TR4540 to the computer.
- If the USB Cable of Canon PIXMA TR4540 is detected, follow the instructions for the next process of the installation.
- When all steps are done, you will get a notification the printer is ready to use.
How To Install Canon PIXMA TR4540 Printer Driver On Linux:
- A Linux-run device
- A Common Unix Printer Service (CUPS) installed on the device.
- Turn on your computer and run the CUPS.
- Go to the web-based interface.
- Open a browser and navigate to localhost: 631.
- Connect the printer.
- On the browser, go to Administration tab and select Printers.
- Select Add Printer.
- You need to enter username and password.
- Your printer (Canon TR4540) should be on the list displayed. Select it and press Continue.
- CUPS detect and add the printer.
- A configuration window will pop up, fill values as needed.
- The printer is ready to use on your computer.
How To Install Driver of Canon PIXMA TR4540 on Mac OS:
- You need the file of the driver for your printer. When you have already completed the downloading process, it will be saved in the certain folder.
- You need to double-click on the downloaded driver file and mount it on the Disk Image.
- You need to double-click again on the mounted Disk Image.
- For the last step, double-click on the driver file. Do not worry, the installation will be started automatically.
How to Uninstall Canon PIXMA TR4540 Printer Driver:
- Click on Windows button on your computer keyboard.
- Open “Control Panel”.
- Chooses for “Uninstall a Program”
- Search for the name of the printer driver you want to uninstall.
- Click the Uninstall button.
- Wait until the process is completed.
- Open Apple Menu.
- Click System Preferences.
- Select Printers and Scanners.
- Choose a printer driver that you want to uninstall. (Select Canon TR4540 if your printer is of that type).
- Click Remove.
- Go to Application.
- Select System Settings.
- Select Printers. Printer window will pop up.
- Locate the Unlock button on the upper right section, open it.
- Enter a password.
- Then locate the Canon PIXMA TR4540 printer driver you want to uninstall. Find a minus sign on it.
- Click the minus sign.
To download a driver or software for Canon PIXMA TR4540, just click on the links that we have provided in this table below. If find any broken link or some problem with this printer please let us know, we will fix it as soon as possible.
|ScanGear MP Ver. 3.70 for Linux (Source file)||3.70||345 KB||Download|
|ScanGear MP Ver. 3.70 for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)||3.70||347 KB||Download|
|ScanGear MP Ver. 3.70 for Linux (Debian Packagearchive)||3.70||394 KB||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver Ver. 5.70 for Linux (Source file)||5.70||1.3 MB||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver Ver. 5.70 for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)||5.70||641 KB||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver Ver. 5.70 for Linux (Debian Packagearchive)||5.70||2.1 MB||Download|
|TR4540 series MP Drivers Ver.1.00 (Windows)||1.00||93 MB||Download|
|ScanGear MP for Linux (Operation guide)||1.0||78 KB||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver for Linux (Operation guide)||1.0||63 KB||Download|
Also, update a driver: Canon PIXMA G3400 Driver
Canon PIXMA TR4540 Software and Driver Download for Windows, Mac OS, and Linux
In this website, the owner of canonsoftwaredriver.com has listed you much more driver, software, and user manual what you need to download for Canon TR4540 printer. You don’t have to go to the official Canon site, simple way to download it, just click on the link that we have provided, and don’t forget to follow the manual instruction or you can download a user manual for your printer on this link below.