Canon PIXMA iP2840 Printer Driver Download
Canon PIXMA iP2840 Printer Driver Download for Windows, Mac OS, and Linux – If you are running for digital printing and looking for the perfect color photo printer, the Canon PIXMA iP2840 is your best solution. This printer is geared up with various features in order to maximize the printer performance. This compact printer delivers reliable performance, affordable, and offers an excellent print quality.
This printer is supported by Canon’s FINE technology in order to ensure your overall quality. Besides, the Canon PIXMA iP2840 color printer also uses a wired connectivity using USB 2.0. it makes the best personal desktop printer. There is also eco-friendly feature with Auto Turn Off technology which switches your printer off when you do not use it. You will print more with less ink toner use, thanks to XL cartridge. In addition, this Canon PIXMA iP2840 also brings My Image Garden feature which offers you advanced options for printing your photos.
Talking about the printer performance, you will get better quality for photo printing. You will achieve at least 8 images per minute for black print and 4 images per minute for color print. The photo printing will get sharp and vivid color print with a maximum print resolution up to 4800 x 600 dpi. However, the Canon PIXMA iP2840 does not bring automatic duplex and cannot do borderless printing.
Also, recommended: Canon PIXMA MG3040 Driver
Canon PIXMA iP2840 Operating Systems Compatibility:
- Windows 10
- Windows 8, Windows 8.1
- Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1
- Windows Vista SP1, Vista SP2
- Windows XP SP3 32-bit
- Mac OS X v10.6.8 – v10.9 – macOS v10.12 (Sierra), and macOS High Sierra 10.13 or later
Canon PIXMA iP2840 Specifications
|Printer Type||Photo Inkjet Printer|
|Features||Auto Power On, Auto Power Off, CREATIVE PARK PREMIUM, Document Printing, Full HD Movie Print, Special Filters, Rated EPEAT Silver, My Image Garden, Quiet Mode|
|Print Speed (up to)||Color: ESAT (Color): Approx 4.0 ipm
Black: ESAT (Black): Approx. 8.0 ipm
|Number of Nozzles||Black: 320
|Print Resolution (Up to)||Color: Up to 4800 x 600 dpi
Black: Up to 600 x 600 dpi
|OS Compatibility||Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1
Windows Vista SP1, Vista SP2, Windows XP SP3 32-bit and Mac OS X v10.6.8 – v10.9
|Standard Interfaces||Hi-Speed USB|
|Ink Compatibility||PG-445 Pigment Black Ink Cartridge
CL-446 Color Ink Cartridge
PG-445 XL Pigment Black Ink Cartridge
CL-446 XL Color Ink Cartridge
|Paper Sizes||4″ x 6″, 5″ x 7″, Letter, Legal, U.S. #10 Envelopes|
|Automatic Sheet Feeder||Auto Sheet Feeder: 60 sheets|
|Paper Compatibility||Plain: Plain Paper;
Glossy: Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Glossy;
Envelope: U.S. #10 Envelope
|Physical Dimensions||16.8″ (W) x 9.3″ (D) x 5.3″ (H)|
Step 1: How to Setup or Install the Canon PIXMA iP2840 Driver
This step tells you about to install Canon PIXMA iP2840 without CD
What you required:
- You need to have a driver or software for Canon PIXMA iP2840, for the file of a driver, you can download on the link below.
- You need the USB cable to connect the printer to your computer.
- Next step, you can follow this instruction below to install Canon PIXMA iP2840 printers for the setup file.
- The first step you need to turn on your computer and Canon iP2840 printer.
- In this step trying to do not connect a USB cable before it is suggested.
- Next, you can download, the driver of Canon PIXMA iP2840 and don’t forget to install it on your computer by following our instruction.
- You can connect the USB cable when the installation of the driver already finished.
- Follow the instructions to complete the installation process.
- When all step is finished, the Canon PIXMA iP2840 is ready to use for the printing.
Step 2: How to Setup or Install the Canon PIXMA iP2840 Driver Manually
For this step, you need to add the printer from the Windows feature.
- You require the software or Driver file of Canon PIXMA iP2840. You can download a driver on the links we provided.
- You need the USB cable for PIXMA iP2840 printer.
This step how to install the driver:
- First, you need to turn on all of your devices.
- Connect the USB cable from your Canon PIXMA iP2840 printer to the computer.
- Extract the file of driver or software that you have downloaded.
- Open “Control Panel”, then click on “View devices and printers”(Windows 7, 8, 10, and Vista). For Windows XP, you can open “Fax & Printers”.
- Choose your printer and click “Add a Printer”.
- If it has been ready for the driver location, choose the path where you need to extract the setup file.
- Follow all of the instructions to finish the installation.
- When all step is finished, the Canon PIXMA iP2840 printer is ready to use on your computer.
What you required:
- You need a CD or DVD drive to install a driver on your computer.
- The driver or software CD Disk of Canon PIXMA iP2840 that have included in the box of your printer.
- The USB Cable for connecting your printer to the computer.
Follow this instruction for installation process with CD Drive.
- The first step, turn on your computer and Canon PIXMA iP2840 printer.
- Insert CD disk to CD or DVD drive on your computer, and follow the instruction from CD.
- Do not connect the USB cable to the printer until needed.
- If installation wizard needs to plug the USB Cable, connect the USB Cable of Canon PIXMA iP2840 to the computer.
- If the USB Cable of Canon PIXMA iP2840 is detected, follow the instructions for the next process of the installation.
- When all steps are done, you will get a notification the printer is ready to use.
How To Install Canon PIXMA iP2840 Printer Driver On Linux:
- A Linux-run device
- A Common Unix Printer Service (CUPS) installed on the device.
- Turn on your computer and run the CUPS.
- Go to the web-based interface.
- Open a browser and navigate to localhost: 631.
- Connect the printer.
- On the browser, go to Administration tab and select Printers.
- Select Add Printer.
- You need to enter username and password.
- Your printer (Canon iP2840) should be on the list displayed. Select it and press Continue.
- CUPS detect and add the printer.
- A configuration window will pop up, fill values as needed.
- The printer is ready to use on your computer.
How To Install Driver of Canon PIXMA iP2840 on Mac OS:
- You need the file of the driver for your printer. When you have already completed the downloading process, it will be saved in the certain folder.
- You need to double-click on the downloaded driver file and mount it on the Disk Image.
- You need to double-click again on the mounted Disk Image.
- For the last step, double-click on the driver file. Do not worry, the installation will be started automatically.
How to Uninstall Canon PIXMA iP2840 Printer Driver:
- Click on Windows button on your computer keyboard.
- Open “Control Panel”.
- Chooses for “Uninstall a Program”
- Search for the name of the printer driver you want to uninstall.
- Click the Uninstall button.
- Wait until the process is completed.
- Open Apple Menu.
- Click System Preferences.
- Select Printers and Scanners.
- Choose a printer driver that you want to uninstall. (Select Canon iP2840 if your printer is of that type).
- Click Remove.
- Go to Application.
- Select System Settings.
- Select Printers. Printer window will pop up.
- Locate Unlock button on the upper right section, open it.
- Enter a password.
- Then locate the Canon PIXMA iP2840 printer driver you want to uninstall. Find a minus sign on it.
- Click the minus sign.
To download a driver or software for Canon PIXMA iP2840, just click on the links that we have provided in this table below. If find any broken link or some problem with this printer please let us know, we will fix it as soon as possible.
|iP2840 series Full Driver & Software Package (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.1||47 MB||Download|
|iP2840 series Full Driver & Software Package (Mac)||1.3||7.2 MB||Download|
|iP2840 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver.126.96.36.199 (Mac)||188.8.131.52||14 MB||Download|
|iP2840 series CUPS Printer Driver Ver. 184.108.40.206 (OS X 10.6)||220.127.116.11a||16 MB||Download|
|iP2840 series Printer Driver Ver. 2.75 (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||2.75||12 MB||Download|
|iP2840 series XPS Printer Driver Ver. 5.75 (Windows)||5.75||18 MB||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver Ver. 4.10 for Linux (Source file)||4.10||7.3 MB||Download|
|iP2840 series IJ Printer Driver Ver. 4.10 for Linux (Debian Packagearchive)||4.10||1.4 MB||Download|
|iP2840 series IJ Printer Driver Ver. 4.10 for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)||4.10||1.5 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX Ver.4.7.2 (Mac)||4.7.2||102 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden Ver.3.6.2 (Mac)||3.6.2||300 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu Ver.2.8.2 (Mac)||2.8.2||1.9 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu Ver.2.8.5 (Windows)||2.8.5||9.1 MB||Download|
|Easy-WebPrint EX Ver.1.7.0 (Windows)||1.7.0||15 MB||Download|
|Easy-PhotoPrint EX Ver.4.7.0 (Windows)||4.7.0||58 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden Ver.3.6.1 (Windows)||3.6.1||294 MB||Download|
|Quick Menu Ver.2.6.2 (Windows XP)||2.6.2||9.2 MB||Download|
|My Printer Ver.3.3.0 (Windows)||3.3.0||5.6 MB||Download|
|My Image Garden Ver.3.3.1 (Windows XP)||3.3.1||293 MB||Download|
|iP2840 series (PDF) User Manual (Mac)||1.2||3.6 MB||Download|
|iP2840 series (PDF) User Manual (Windows)||1.2||4.5 MB||Download|
Also, update a driver: Canon PIXMA MG3140 Driver
Canon PIXMA iP2840 Software and Driver Download for Windows, Mac OS, and Linux
In this website, the owner of canonsoftwaredriver.com has listed you much more driver, software, and user manual what you need to download for Canon iP2840 printer. You don’t have to go to the official Canon site, simple way to download it, just click on the link that we have provided, and don’t forget to follow the manual instruction or you can download a user manual for your printer on this link below.