Canon PIXMA iP8500 Driver and Manual Download
Canon PIXMA iP8500 Driver and Manual Download for Windows, Mac OS, and Linux – Canon PIXMA iP8500 is one of the leading photo printer products released by Canon to accommodate the increasing demands of photo printers on the market. This machine uses inkjet as its printing technology. The printing speeds are quite good for a photo printer, with 12 pages per minute for color printing and 16 pages per minute for mono printing. For a 4 x 6 inch borderless photo, it can print with the speed up to 2.9 pages per minute.
Canon PIXMA iP8500 is equipped with auto duplex printing, allowing you to print on both sides of the paper easily and save more money on paper cost up to 50 percent. This machine supports various media types, such as various types of photo paper, transparencies, plain paper, and envelopes. The total media capacity is pretty decent for a photo printer, with 300 sheets in total.
The maximum printing resolution of Canon PIXMA iP8500 is good enough for HD photo printing, with 4800 x 1200 dpi. Several operating systems supported by this machine are Windows (98 or up) and Mac OS (version 9 or up). The sound emission of this machine is very low, suitable for late night printing, with only 34 dB noise level.
Also, recommended: Canon PIXMA iP7220 Driver
Canon PIXMA iP8500 Operating Systems Compatibility:
- Windows 10
- Windows 8, Windows 8.1
- Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1
- Windows Vista SP1, Vista SP2
- Windows XP SP3 32-bit
- Mac OS X v10.2.1 to 10.3.x – macOS v10.12 (Sierra), and macOS High Sierra 10.13 or later
Canon PIXMA iP8500 Specifications
|Printer Type||Photo Printer|
|Print Speed (up to)||Black:16 ppm (approx. 3.8 seconds/page)*Color:12 ppm (approx. 5 seconds/page)*4×6 borderless photo: approx. 21 seconds|
|Number of Nozzles||Color: 768 x 8 colors (C, M, Y, Bk, PC, PM, R, G)Total: 6,144|
|Print Resolution (Up to)||Black:4800 x 2400 dpi
Color:4800 x 2400 dpi
|OS Compatibility||Windows 7, Windows XP/Me/2000/98; Mac OS 9.x, Mac OS X v10.2.1 to 10.3.x|
|Standard Interfaces||USB 2.0 Hi-Speed and Direct Print Port (cables not included)|
|Ink Compatibility||BCI-6Bk Black ink tank, BCI-6C Cyan ink tank, BCI-6M Magenta ink tank, BCI-6Y Yellow ink tank, BCI-6PC Photo Cyan ink tank, BCI-6PM Photo Magenta ink tank, BCI-6R Red ink tank, BCI-6G Green ink tank|
|Paper Sizes||4″ x 6″, 5″ x 7″, 8″ x 10″, Letter, Legal, U.S. #10 Envelopes|
|Ink Droplet Size||2 picoliters|
|Paper Sizes||Letter, Legal, Credit Card (2.13 x 3.39), 4 x 6, 5 x 7, U.S. #10 Envelopes|
|Paper Compatibility||Plain paper, U.S. #10 envelopes; Canon Specialty Papers: Glossy Photo Paper (4×6, letter), High Resolution Paper (letter), Matte Photo Paper (letter), Photo Paper Plus Glossy (4×6, 5×7, letter), Photo Paper Plus Double Sided (5×7, letter), Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss (4×6, letter), Photo Paper Pro (4×6, letter), Bubble Jet Transparencies (letter)|
|Noise Level Approx||36 dB(A) in the best quality mode|
|Physical Dimensions||17.8(W) x 6.7(H) x 11.5(D)|
Toll-free technical phone support plus 1-year limited warranty.
CD-ROM including Printer Driver, Setup Software and User’s Guide, Electronic Photo Application Guide, Electronic User’s Guide, e-registration, Easy-PhotoPrint 3.0 (Windows/Mac), PhotoRecord (Windows), Easy-WebPrint (Windows only, requires Microsoft Internet Explorer version 5.5, version 6.0 recommended)
|Power Source||120V AC, 60Hz|
Step 1: How to Setup or Install the Canon PIXMA iP8500 Driver
This step tells you about to install Canon PIXMA iP8500 without CD
What you required:
- You need to have a driver or software for Canon PIXMA iP8500, for the file of a driver, you can download on the link below.
- You need the USB cable to connect the printer to your computer.
- Next step, you can follow this instruction below to install Canon PIXMA iP8500 printers for the setup file.
- The first step you need to turn on your computer and Canon iP8500 printer.
- In this step trying to do not connect a USB cable before it is suggested.
- Next, you can download, the driver of Canon PIXMA iP8500 and don’t forget to install it on your computer by following our instruction.
- You can connect the USB cable when the installation of the driver already finished.
- Follow the instructions to complete the installation process.
- When all step is finished, the Canon PIXMA iP8500 is ready to use for the printing.
Step 2: How to Setup or Install the Canon PIXMA iP8500 Driver Manually
For this step, you need to add the printer from the Windows feature.
- You require the software or Driver file of Canon PIXMA iP8500. You can download a driver on the links we provided.
- You need the USB cable for PIXMA iP8500 printer.
This step how to install the driver:
- First, you need to turn on all of your devices.
- Connect the USB cable from your Canon PIXMA iP8500 printer to the computer.
- Extract the file of driver or software that you have downloaded.
- Open “Control Panel”, then click on “View devices and printers”(Windows 7, 8, 10, and Vista). For Windows XP, you can open “Fax & Printers”.
- Choose your printer and click “Add a Printer”.
- If it has been ready for the driver location, choose the path where you need to extract the setup file.
- Follow all of the instructions to finish the installation.
- When all step is finished, the Canon PIXMA iP8500 printer is ready to use on your computer.
What you required:
- You need a CD or DVD drive to install a driver on your computer.
- The driver or software CD Disk of Canon PIXMA iP8500 that have included in the box of your printer.
- The USB Cable for connecting your printer to the computer.
Follow this instruction for installation process with CD Drive.
- The first step, turn on your computer and Canon PIXMA iP8500 printer.
- Insert CD disk to CD or DVD drive on your computer, and follow the instruction from CD.
- Do not connect the USB cable to the printer until needed.
- If installation wizard needs to plug the USB Cable, connect the USB Cable of Canon PIXMA iP8500 to the computer.
- If the USB Cable of Canon PIXMA iP8500 is detected, follow the instructions for the next process of the installation.
- When all steps are done, you will get a notification the printer is ready to use.
How To Install Canon PIXMA iP8500 Printer Driver On Linux:
- A Linux-run device
- A Common Unix Printer Service (CUPS) installed on the device.
- Turn on your computer and run the CUPS.
- Go to the web-based interface.
- Open a browser and navigate to localhost: 631.
- Connect the printer.
- On the browser, go to Administration tab and select Printers.
- Select Add Printer.
- You need to enter username and password.
- Your printer (Canon iP8500) should be on the list displayed. Select it and press Continue.
- CUPS detect and add the printer.
- A configuration window will pop up, fill values as needed.
- The printer is ready to use on your computer.
How To Install Driver of Canon PIXMA iP8500 on Mac OS:
- You need the file of the driver for your printer. When you have already completed the downloading process, it will be saved in the certain folder.
- You need to double-click on the downloaded driver file and mount it on the Disk Image.
- You need to double-click again on the mounted Disk Image.
- For the last step, double-click on the driver file. Do not worry, the installation will be started automatically.
How to Uninstall Canon PIXMA iP8500 Printer Driver:
- Click on Windows button on your computer keyboard.
- Open “Control Panel”.
- Chooses for “Uninstall a Program”
- Search for the name of the printer driver you want to uninstall.
- Click the Uninstall button.
- Wait until the process is completed.
- Open Apple Menu.
- Click System Preferences.
- Select Printers and Scanners.
- Choose a printer driver that you want to uninstall. (Select Canon iP8500 if your printer is of that type).
- Click Remove.
- Go to Application.
- Select System Settings.
- Select Printers. Printer window will pop up.
- Locate the Unlock button on the upper right section, open it.
- Enter a password.
- Then locate the Canon PIXMA iP8500 printer driver you want to uninstall. Find a minus sign on it.
- Click the minus sign.
To download a driver or software for Canon PIXMA iP8500, just click on the links that we have provided in this table below. If find any broken link or some problem with this printer please let us know, we will fix it as soon as possible.
|iP8500 CUPS Printer Driver Ver. 10.51.2.0 (OS X 10.5/10.6)||10.51.2.0||9.8 MB||Download|
|iP8500 Printer Driver (OS X 10.2/10.3/10.4/10.5)||4.83||6.3 MB||Download|
|iP8500 Printer Driver (Windows XP 64-bit)||1.90/1.90b||3.4 MB||Download|
|iP8500 Printer Driver (Windows 2000/XP 32-bit)||1.80||7 MB||Download|
|Canon Inkjet Printer Driver Add-On Module (Windows 7/Vista)||1.10||4.1 MB||Download|
|iP8500 Printer User Guide or User Manual for Windows users||1.0||4.7 MB||Download|
Also, update a driver: Canon PIXMA iP6700D Driver
Canon PIXMA iP8500 Software and Driver Download for Windows, Mac OS, and Linux
In this website, the owner of canonsoftwaredriver.com has listed you much more driver, software, and user manual what you need to download for Canon iP8500 printer. You don’t have to go to the official Canon site, simple way to download it, just click on the link that we have provided, and don’t forget to follow the manual instruction or you can download a user manual for your printer on this link below.