Canon PIXMA iX6540 Driver and Manual Download
Canon PIXMA iX6540 Driver and Manual Download for Windows, Mac OS, and Linux – The Canon PIXMA iX6540 has been issued a few years ago. And, if you are wondering what this printer offers for you, this article will briefly review the PIXMA iX6540 for you. With this printer, Canon offers you with something bigger, so what are they? Find out below!
Moreover, this printer comes with a bigger size printing machine which can handle printing larger format in 15 x 10 cm (A3). From the printer, you can see that the design is elegantly outfitted with all black exterior. It measures 549 x 299 x 159 mm with a rectangular square. At the top, you can find the control panel and paper feed. But, this printer does not contain with LCD screen for the tool. The Canon PIXMA iX6540 brings new feature Easy-PhotoPrint EX software for printing your desired screen directly.
Printing performance is excellent with a maximum print resolution up to 9600 x 2400 dpi. The resolution will produce the finest detail on every print outputs. You also can print A3 photos with vivid color in less than one minute. The print speed is quite outstanding, you can get 10 pages per minute for mono and 8 pages for color. However, the Canon PIXMA iX6540 does not bring automatic duplex function.
Also, recommended: Canon PIXMA TR8540 Drivers
Canon PIXMA iX6540 Operating Systems Compatibility:
- Windows 10
- Windows 8, Windows 8.1
- Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1
- Windows Vista SP1, Vista SP2
- Windows XP SP3 32-bit
- Mac OS X v10.3.9 to v10.5.x – macOS v10.12 (Sierra), and macOS v10.13 (High Sierra) or later
Canon PIXMA iX6540 Specifications
|Printer Type||Inkjet Printer|
|Features||Auto Photo Fix II, Borderless, Document Printing, Photo Printing|
|Print Speed (up to)||4×6 Colour Photo: Borderless Photo: Approx. 36 seconds
Black: ESAT: Approx. 11.3 ipm
Colour: ESAT: Approx. 8.8 ipm
|Number of Nozzles||Colour: 4,096
|Print Resolution (Up to)||Colour: 9600 x 2400 dpi
Black: 600 x 600 dpi
|OS Compatibility||Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows XP
Mac OS X v10.4.11 to v10.6.x
|Standard Interfaces||Hi-Speed USB|
|Ink Droplet Size||Picoliter Size: 1,2 and 5|
|Paper Sizes||4″ x 6″, 5″ x 7″, 8″ x 10″, Letter, Legal, 11″ x 17″, 13″ x 19″, U.S. #10 Envelopes|
|Paper Compatibility||Plain: Plain Paper, High-Resolution Paper; Super High Gloss: Photo Paper Pro Platinum; Glossy: Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Glossy; Semi-Gloss: Photo Paper Plus Semi-Gloss; Matte: Matte Photo Paper; Envelope: U.S. #10 Envelope|
|Output Tray Capacity||Auto Sheet Feeder: 150 Sheets
|Noise Level Approx||45.0 dB(A)|
|Physical Dimensions||11.8″(L) x 21.7″(W) x 6.3″(H)|
|Software Included||Setup Software & User’s Guide CD-ROM
iX6540 Printer Driver
Step 1: How to Setup or Install the Canon PIXMA iX6540 Driver
This step tells you about to install Canon PIXMA iX6540 without CD
What you required:
- You need to have a driver or software for Canon PIXMA iX6540, for the file of a driver, you can download on the link below.
- You need the USB cable to connect the printer to your computer.
- Next step, you can follow this instruction below to install Canon PIXMA iX6540 printers for the setup file.
- The first step you need to turn on your computer and Canon iX6540 printer.
- In this step trying to do not connect a USB cable before it is suggested.
- Next, you can download, the driver of Canon PIXMA iX6540 and don’t forget to install it on your computer by following our instruction.
- You can connect the USB cable when the installation of the driver already finished.
- Follow the instructions to complete the installation process.
- When all step is finished, the Canon PIXMA iX6540 is ready to use for the printing.
Step 2: How to Setup or Install the Canon PIXMA iX6540 Driver Manually
For this step, you need to add the printer from the Windows feature.
- You require the software or Driver file of Canon PIXMA iX6540. You can download a driver on the links we provided.
- You need the USB cable for PIXMA iX6540 printer.
This step how to install the driver:
- First, you need to turn on all of your devices.
- Connect the USB cable from your Canon PIXMA iX6540 printer to the computer.
- Extract the file of driver or software that you have downloaded.
- Open “Control Panel”, then click on “View devices and printers”(Windows 7, 8, 10, and Vista). For Windows XP, you can open “Fax & Printers”.
- Choose your printer and click “Add a Printer”.
- If it has been ready for the driver location, choose the path where you need to extract the setup file.
- Follow all of the instructions to finish the installation.
- When all step is finished, the Canon PIXMA iX6540 printer is ready to use on your computer.
What you required:
- You need a CD or DVD drive to install a driver on your computer.
- The driver or software CD Disk of Canon PIXMA iX6540 that have included in the box of your printer.
- The USB Cable for connecting your printer to the computer.
Follow this instruction for installation process with CD Drive.
- The first step, turn on your computer and Canon PIXMA iX6540 printer.
- Insert CD disk to CD or DVD drive on your computer, and follow the instruction from CD.
- Do not connect the USB cable to the printer until needed.
- If installation wizard needs to plug the USB Cable, connect the USB Cable of Canon PIXMA iX6540 to the computer.
- If the USB Cable of Canon PIXMA iX6540 is detected, follow the instructions for the next process of the installation.
- When all steps are done, you will get a notification the printer is ready to use.
How To Install Canon PIXMA iX6540 Printer Driver On Linux:
- A Linux-run device
- A Common Unix Printer Service (CUPS) installed on the device.
- Turn on your computer and run the CUPS.
- Go to the web-based interface.
- Open a browser and navigate to localhost: 631.
- Connect the printer.
- On the browser, go to the Administration tab and select Printers.
- Select Add Printer.
- You need to enter username and password.
- Your printer (Canon iX6540) should be on the list displayed. Select it and press Continue.
- CUPS detect and add the printer.
- A configuration window will pop up, fill values as needed.
- The printer is ready to use on your computer.
How To Install Driver of Canon PIXMA iX6540 on Mac OS:
- You need the file of the driver for your printer. When you have already completed the downloading process, it will be saved in the certain folder.
- You need to double-click on the downloaded driver file and mount it on the Disk Image.
- You need to double-click again on the mounted Disk Image.
- For the last step, double-click on the driver file. Do not worry, the installation will be started automatically.
How to Uninstall Canon PIXMA iX6540 Printer Driver:
- Click on Windows button on your computer keyboard.
- Open “Control Panel”.
- Chooses for “Uninstall a Program”
- Search for the name of the printer driver you want to uninstall.
- Click the Uninstall button.
- Wait until the process is completed.
- Open Apple Menu.
- Click System Preferences.
- Select Printers and Scanners.
- Choose a printer driver that you want to uninstall. (Select Canon iX6540 if your printer is of that type).
- Click Remove.
- Go to Application.
- Select System Settings.
- Select Printers. Printer window will pop up.
- Locate the Unlock button on the upper right section, open it.
- Enter a password.
- Then locate the Canon PIXMA iX6540 printer driver you want to uninstall. Find a minus sign on it.
- Click the minus sign.
To download a driver or software for Canon PIXMA iX6540, just click on the links that we have provided in this table below. If find any broken link or some problem with this printer please let us know, we will fix it as soon as possible.
|iX6540 CUPS Printer Driver Ver.22.214.171.124 (Mac)||126.96.36.199||15 MB||Download|
|iX6540 CUPS Printer Driver Ver. 188.8.131.52 (OS X 10.5/10.6)||184.108.40.206a||18 MB||Download|
|iX6540 Printer Driver Ver. 2.56a (Windows XP)||2.56a||17 MB||Download|
|iX6540 Printer Driver Ver. 2.56a (Windows XP x64)||2.56a||9.3 MB||Download|
|iX6540 Printer Driver (OS X 10.4/10.5)||7.37.0||7.2 MB||Download|
|iX6540 XPS Printer Driver Ver. 5.56a (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)||5.56a||23 MB||Download|
|Linux IJ printer driver source file||3.50||5.9 MB||Download|
|Linux IJ Printer Driver||3.50||7.1 MB||Download|
|iX6540 Printer Driver Ver. 2.56c (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)||2.56c||17 MB||Download|
|iX6540 User Manual (Mac)||1.01a||20 MB||Download|
|iX6540 User Manual (Windows)||1.10||8.8 MB||Download|
Also, update a driver: Canon PIXMA TR7540 Drivers
Canon PIXMA iX6540 Software and Driver Download for Windows, Mac OS, and Linux
In this website, the owner of canonsoftwaredriver.com has listed you much more driver, software, and user manual what you need to download for Canon iX6540 printer. You don’t have to go to the official Canon site, simple way to download it, just click on the link that we have provided, and don’t forget to follow the manual instruction or you can download a user manual for your printer on this link below.