Canon PIXMA iX6860 Manual and Driver Download
Canon PIXMA iX6860 Manual and Driver Download for Windows, Mac OS, and Linux – If your business runs printing service and seeks for a single function A3+ color printer, the Canon PIXMA iX6860 will be your best partner you could ever ask for. This printer is manufactured for spreadsheets, posters, photos with great efficiency and print outcome. It is no doubt that your customer will be pleasant.
Every poster, photos, and documents that are printed using this printer will receive superior detail with minimum 1PL ink droplet and a maximum print resolution up to 9600 x 2400 dpi. In addition, you can print photos with photo lab quality less than one minute. The Canon PIXMA iX6860 prints up to 14.5 pages per minute for mono and 10.4 pages for color. Thanks to Chromalife100+ and FINE technology, your photos will achieve crisp print quality and stay in good condition for 300 years.
Furthermore, you will experience the smart way to print all your document. Canon employs wireless and Ethernet connectivity that lets you stay connected. You also enable to wirelessly print your documents through your smartphones using Canon PRINT and AirPrint. The Canon PIXMA iX6860 also have Easy-Web Print EX for direct printing web page.
Also, recommended: Canon PIXMA G4600 Driver
Canon PIXMA iX6860 Operating Systems Compatibility:
- Windows 10
- Windows 8, Windows 8.1
- Windows 7, Windows 7 SP1
- Windows Vista SP1, Vista SP2
- Windows XP SP3 32-bit
- Mac OS X v10.6.8 – v10.9 – macOS v10.12 (Sierra), and macOS v10.13 (High Sierra) or later
Canon PIXMA iX6860 Specifications
|Printer Type||Inkjet Printer|
|Features||AirPrint, Auto Power On, Auto Power Off, Borderless Printing, Document Printing, Photo Printing, Full HD Movie Print, Google Cloud Print, My Image Garden, PIXMA Printing Solutions, Solution Templates, Wireless Printing, 5 Individual Ink Tanks, XL Ink Tank Support, CREATIVE PARK PREMIUM, Quiet Mode|
|Print Speed (up to)||4″ x 6″ Borderless Photo: Approx. 36 seconds
Black:ESAT: Approx. 14.5 ipm
Color:ESAT: Approx. 10.4 ipm
|Number of Nozzles||Color: 4,096
|Print Resolution (Up to)||Color:Up to 9600 x 2400 dpi
Black:Up to 600 x 600 dpi
|OS Compatibility||Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 7,
Windows 7 SP1, Windows Vista SP1, Vista SP2, Windows XP SP3 32-bit
Mac OS X v10.6.8 – v10.9
|Standard Interfaces||Wireless LAN (IEEE 802.11b/g/n)
|Ink Compatibility||PGI-655 XXL Pigment Black
PGI-650 XL Pigment Black
CLI-651 XL Cyan
CLI-651 XL Magenta
CLI-651 XL Yellow
CLI-651 XL Black
PGI-650 Pigment Black
|Ink Droplet Size||1,2 and 5|
|Paper Sizes||4″ x 6″, 5″ x 7″, 8″ x 10″, Letter, Legal, 11″ x 17″, 13″ x 19″, U.S. #10 Envelopes|
|Automatic Sheet Feeder||Auto Sheet Feeder 150 sheets|
|Paper Compatibility||Plain: Plain Paper, High Resolution Paper;
Super High Gloss: Photo Paper Pro Platinum;
Glossy: Photo Paper Plus Glossy II, Photo Paper Glossy;
Matte: Matte Photo Paper;
Envelope: U.S. #10 Envelope
|Physical Dimensions||23.0″(W) x 12.3″(D) x 6.3″(H)|
Step 1: How to Setup or Install the Canon PIXMA iX6860 Driver
This step tells you about to install Canon PIXMA iX6860 without CD
What you required:
- You need to have a driver or software for Canon PIXMA iX6860, for the file of a driver, you can download on the link below.
- You need the USB cable to connect the printer to your computer.
- Next step, you can follow this instruction below to install Canon PIXMA iX6860 printers for the setup file.
- The first step you need to turn on your computer and Canon iX6860 printer.
- In this step trying to do not connect a USB cable before it is suggested.
- Next, you can download, the driver of Canon PIXMA iX6860 and don’t forget to install it on your computer by following our instruction.
- You can connect the USB cable when the installation of the driver already finished.
- Follow the instructions to complete the installation process.
- When all step is finished, the Canon PIXMA iX6860 is ready to use for the printing.
Step 2: How to Setup or Install the Canon PIXMA iX6860 Driver Manually
For this step, you need to add the printer from the Windows feature.
- You require the software or Driver file of Canon PIXMA iX6860. You can download a driver on the links we provided.
- You need the USB cable for PIXMA iX6860 printer.
This step how to install the driver:
- First, you need to turn on all of your devices.
- Connect the USB cable from your Canon PIXMA iX6860 printer to the computer.
- Extract the file of driver or software that you have downloaded.
- Open “Control Panel”, then click on “View devices and printers”(Windows 7, 8, 10, and Vista). For Windows XP, you can open “Fax & Printers”.
- Choose your printer and click “Add a Printer”.
- If it has been ready for the driver location, choose the path where you need to extract the setup file.
- Follow all of the instructions to finish the installation.
- When all step is finished, the Canon PIXMA iX6860 printer is ready to use on your computer.
What you required:
- You need a CD or DVD drive to install a driver on your computer.
- The driver or software CD Disk of Canon PIXMA iX6860 that have included in the box of your printer.
- The USB Cable for connecting your printer to the computer.
Follow this instruction for installation process with CD Drive.
- The first step, turn on your computer and Canon PIXMA iX6860 printer.
- Insert CD disk to CD or DVD drive on your computer, and follow the instruction from CD.
- Do not connect the USB cable to the printer until needed.
- If installation wizard needs to plug the USB Cable, connect the USB Cable of Canon PIXMA iX6860 to the computer.
- If the USB Cable of Canon PIXMA iX6860 is detected, follow the instructions for the next process of the installation.
- When all steps are done, you will get a notification the printer is ready to use.
How To Install Canon PIXMA iX6860 Printer Driver On Linux:
- A Linux-run device
- A Common Unix Printer Service (CUPS) installed on the device.
- Turn on your computer and run the CUPS.
- Go to the web-based interface.
- Open a browser and navigate to localhost: 631.
- Connect the printer.
- On the browser, go to the Administration tab and select Printers.
- Select Add Printer.
- You need to enter username and password.
- Your printer (Canon iX6860) should be on the list displayed. Select it and press Continue.
- CUPS detect and add the printer.
- A configuration window will pop up, fill values as needed.
- The printer is ready to use on your computer.
How To Install Driver of Canon PIXMA iX6860 on Mac OS:
- You need the file of the driver for your printer. When you have already completed the downloading process, it will be saved in the certain folder.
- You need to double-click on the downloaded driver file and mount it on the Disk Image.
- You need to double-click again on the mounted Disk Image.
- For the last step, double-click on the driver file. Do not worry, the installation will be started automatically.
How to Uninstall Canon PIXMA iX6860 Printer Driver:
- Click on Windows button on your computer keyboard.
- Open “Control Panel”.
- Chooses for “Uninstall a Program”
- Search for the name of the printer driver you want to uninstall.
- Click the Uninstall button.
- Wait until the process is completed.
- Open Apple Menu.
- Click System Preferences.
- Select Printers and Scanners.
- Choose a printer driver that you want to uninstall. (Select Canon iX6860 if your printer is of that type).
- Click Remove.
- Go to Application.
- Select System Settings.
- Select Printers. Printer window will pop up.
- Locate the Unlock button on the upper right section, open it.
- Enter a password.
- Then locate the Canon PIXMA iX6860 printer driver you want to uninstall. Find a minus sign on it.
- Click the minus sign.
To download a driver or software for Canon PIXMA iX6860, just click on the links that we have provided in this table below. If find any broken link or some problem with this printer please let us know, we will fix it as soon as possible.
|iX6860 Full Driver & Software Package (Mac)||1.5||12 MB||Download|
|iX6860 Full Driver & Software Package (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64/XP)||1.1||49 MB||Download|
|iX6860 CUPS Printer Driver Ver.22.214.171.124 (Mac)||126.96.36.199||16 MB||Download|
|iX6860 CUPS Printer Driver Ver. 188.8.131.52 (OS X 10.6)||184.108.40.206a||17 MB||Download|
|iX6860 Printer Driver Ver. 1.00 (Windows XP)||1.00||16 MB||Download|
|iX6860 XPS Printer Driver Ver. 5.75 (Windows)||5.75||19 MB||Download|
|IJ Printer Driver Ver. 4.10 for Linux (Source file)||4.10||7.3 MB||Download|
|iX6860 IJ Printer Driver Ver. 4.10 for Linux (rpm Packagearchive)||4.10||1.7 MB||Download|
|iX6860 IJ Printer Driver Ver. 4.10 for Linux (Debian Packagearchive)||4.10||1.6 MB||Download|
|iX6860 Printer Driver Ver. 1.01 (Windows 10/10 x64/8.1/8.1 x64/8/8 x64/7/7 x64/Vista/Vista64)||1.01||16 MB||Download|
|iX6860 (PDF) User Manual (Windows)||1.2||6.4 MB||Download|
|iX6860 (PDF) User Manual (Mac)||1.2||4.8 MB||Download|
Also, update a driver: Canon PIXMA TR8560 Driver
Canon PIXMA iX6860 Software and Driver Download for Windows, Mac OS, and Linux
In this website, the owner of canonsoftwaredriver.com has listed you much more driver, software, and user manual what you need to download for Canon iX6860 printer. You don’t have to go to the official Canon site, simple way to download it, just click on the link that we have provided, and don’t forget to follow the manual instruction or you can download a user manual for your printer on this link below.